Chapter 13

Amari's POV

I'm ready to kill myself. Why? Because of literally just sitting on the couch, staring at my brothers. They just stare at me, like I'm ready to say something. I'm not. "Amari. I have one question for you. Why? Why would you run away?" James asked. I closed my eyes and took a sharp breath. "Because. Dad was going to kill you if I didn't run away. So why not make him chase me than have him kill you." I explained calmly as possible.

James glared at me. "Doesn't. Matter. Do you know how worried we were?! How depressed Ethan was? Mari, dad killing us wouldn't be as bad as you running away. What you did, messed us all up. I hope you know that." He said. I felt anger coursing through my veins, I knew I'm going to snap. "DO YOU THINK I WANTED TO DO THIS?! YOU THINK I WANTED TO LEAVE LIKE THAT?!" At this point, I'm standing up.

"DON'T YOU DARE YELL AT ME YOUNG LADY! YOU ARE A CHILD!" "SEE THAT'S THE THING! I'M NOT A CHILD ANYMORE! I'M 19! I'M AN ADULT!" "THEN START ACTING LIKE ONE!" That stopped me from yelling, two reasons. 1, my voice was hoarse. And 2, he was right. I might at well act like my age. I calmed myself down and sat back where I was. James gave me a pointed look. "You're dons acting like a child now?" I almost stood up and yelled again, but then I had an idea.

"Do you want me to go?" "What?" "Do you want me to leave? Get out of your hair. Go somewhere where you'll never have to deal with me again?" I know he wants me to stay, it'll just get him to stop yelling at me. "Amari María Johnson, why would you even ask that? I was yelling at you because you LEFT, why would you think I want you gone? I do want you to stay, but it'll come with some repercussions." He explained.

I sighed. "Are you sure you want me here? I could go som-" I couldn't finish my sentence when I was tackled in a hug. James was on top of me, and I could barely breathe. Soon, everyone joined in, and it was getting harder and harder to take in a breath. "Does this answer your question? Six brothers on top of you making sure you can't leave?" James asked. I chuckled and tried to get them off me. "Yes YES! I'll stay! Now get off me you buffoons!" I laughed. They got off me and went back to where they were sitting.

But that was short lifted when the doorbell rung. Since Aaron was closer to the door, he got up to answer it. And who we saw, I'm ready to jump off the Empire State Building.

Sorry this chapter is so short! I can only update chapters during study halls. And maybe Monday, I always get off early on Monday now. So far, I have no homework and that will change probably in the next week or so. But hopefully you'll enjoy! Byeeee