Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Amari's POV

After awhile of crying and cuddling, Corbin and I fell asleep. I woke up by the sun shining in my face and I decided to get up and fix breakfast. I kissed Corbin on the cheek and left to go to the kitchen. I got everything out that I needed and fixed our breakfast. I made Corbin's favorite, pancakes with bacon and eggs. I hear footsteps and I see Corbin with bed head and a smile on his face. "I smelled pancakes and I knew that today is going to be a good day." He said.

I giggled and put his plate in front of him. I got my own serving and sat down next to him. We both ate in a comfortable silence and we listened to the birds outside, that is, until my phone went off with a notification. I thought phones don't work in the woods? They don't, I put an alert on my phone, tracking my dad and my aunt seeing where they are. And if they're close, it alerts me. How you may ask? Corbin's a hacker, so he does things like this, another reason why I love him. Anyway, I grab Corbins plate of unfinished breakfast and my plate and put it in the sink.

I run to the bedroom, grab the suitcase, and begin packing. "Babe? What's going on?" Corbin asked. "Corbin, pack everything you need, my dad and aunt are very close to us." He nodded and grabbed his and began doing the same thing I was doing. We finished packing up and we exited through the back door. Those last 3 months there were probably the best with Corbin. And now, we're on the run again. While we were walking, I was thinking that, maybe my dad doesn't know what I look like. I should dye my hair, but I don't have enough money.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Corbin asked. I sighed. "It's nothing really. Just thinking, maybe they don't recognize me. I mean, if my brothers can't recognize me, then maybe my dad and aunt can't?" I questioned. Corbin shook his head. "You look a lot like when you were 16, same facial features, everything. They'll be able to tell." He said. We just continued walking until we got to another log cabin. Our policy is, if we see a log cabin, which where we are, there's a ton, we go and live there til we have to move again.

We see a key under the mat and we unlock the door and go in. I don't see anybody and we see a note on the couch.

"Dear people who come here,
This is a free log cabin, do not trash this place. We will know who you are. And fine you." It read. We see that note all the time, it doesn't surprise us. We walked into the bedroom and what we saw there made our eyeballs pop out of our sockets.

Another chapter! If you can't tell, I'm switching from Amari's POV to James's POV every other chapter. Hope you guys enjoyed! Byeeee