Chapter 16

Amari's POV

I feel multiple buzzes near my butt, letting me know someone is calling me. I grab my phone and check who's texting me, it's Ella.

Ella Reynolds: hey luv! Hope you slept well, I hope to see you again soon! If you can't tell, it's Ella :)

I smiled at the text, happy that I found my friend from childhood. I responded to her immediately. 

Me: Hey! I did sleep well thank you! I hope to see you again too! Maybe you can come over soon. :)

I put my phone away and got out of bed. I walked downstairs to see my brothers sitting around the table. As soon as they heard me come down the stairs, they all stopped and stared at me. I awkwardly made my way toward my usual seat at the table and sat down. Even when I sat down, they kept staring at me.

"Jesus Christ I'm not leaving again! Quit staring at me like I'm gonna run away!" I exclaimed.

I don't think they were expecting my outburst because their eyes went wide as saucers. James gave me a death glare.

"Who do you think you're raising your voice at young lady?!" He scolded.

I don't know why, but that pissed me off. "I'm a grown ass adult! I can do what I want!"

"THEN START ACTING LIKE IT AMARI!"

I felt my face turn red and I stormed out... well, tried to. When I opened the door, I felt someone grab me by the waist. They carried me upstairs to my room and set me down on my bed.

James gave me a nasty look. "Mari, you can't storm off like that! That's not very adult like."

I rolled my eyes, but that pissed him off too. "That's childlike Amari. YOU'RE 19! QUIT ACTING LIKE YOU'RE 4!" 

I felt my face turn red, not out of embarrassment, but out of anger. "I'M A GROWN ASS ADULT JAMES! I DON'T NEED TO BE BABIED!"

"YOU WON'T BE BABIED ONCE YOU START ACTING LIKE YOUR AGE!"

I screamed out of anger and I see James punch the wall. 

"JAMES!" I rushed over to him and I see his hand is red, probably from punching the wall too hard. I look at the wall and I see there's a dent.

And what I least expected, James started crying. He hit his back against the wall and slid down it. I crouched down and I put my hand on his shoulder. He grabbed me and pulled me into his chest, like he did when I was younger.

"Mari." His voice cracked. 

I felt tears gather in my eyes from seeing my tough big brother so... broken.

"I'm sorry James." 

It might take awhile for me to put the pieces back together.

BOOM! Finally another chapter! I'm in bio rn and I got bored so I decided to write a chapter! I might update in a week or so, but I hope you enjoyed this little filler of a chapter! Byeeee