made for failure

my alarm had been set on snooze 4 times, and by the fifth i had to throw my phone out of bed so that i would get up for work.
i hated waking up early, but the 8 am was the only shift available. that meant getting up at 7, leaving at 7:45 and barely making it in time to start.

the girl that works with me is so weird, and i just know there's something wrong with her.
something strange, but i can't point out what it is and it drives me crazy.

she's also a little scary, and working the early shift with her in a dusty ass library while no one else is around- can be a little mysterious and creepy.

i got ready, dragging my lazy body around and grabbing my keys as i headed to my car.

traffic was really light at this time of morning, so driving was always uneventful.
i stopped for my usual coffee, and then drove the rest of the way to "lovehouse library" the strange shop you probably wouldn't want to enter.

the idea was that we housed a speacial erotica section, whereas most libraries owned a few books, we focused on mainly collecting the sexual ones and the whole library was based off that. the goal was a one-stop shop for all your hearts desires.
but since we had plenty of regular books too, the owner didn't think the library fit the idea of what she imagined, and sold it off to some guy who didn't give a damn what we did. as long as we made money.

it's basically deserted now.
i don't even know how it's still open, but hey a job is a job.

i pulled into a parking space and got out.
when i walked in, i saw sadie helping the one usual customer that showed up here.
some old lady named poa who bought a lot of erotica at the start of the week, and returned for more at the end.

"goodmorning y/n, did you venture here safely"? sadie asked me, making me internally scream.
"um- yea". i said dropping my backpack with my laptop off behind the counter.
"have a nice day ma'am, tell your husband that i hope his gallbladder heals". sadie said waving to the lady who scrambled to get out of here.

"y/n, i bought you a new pair of book gloves, i noticed when you organize the shelves you never wear the designated gloves, i want to help the books preserve their value and i'm sure you do as well, i didn't know if the gloves provided may have not fit.. or if they weren't comfy for you... but i got you new ones just in case"! sadie exclaimed pushing a pair of black gloves towards me.

"i don't wear them because the owner never said we had to". i said irritated already.
"i see, but it was strongly suggested". she nodded pushing them closer.

i grabbed the gloves and put them on the counter.
giving a fake smile and glaring at this annoying bitch. "thanks sadie. i wouldn't want the porn to fall apart". i said grabbing my bag to take out my laptop.

"what um- whatcha doing"? she asked peering over my shoulder. her hot breath violating my human rights. "sadie please, remember what i told you about my bubble"? i asked trying to stay calm.

"are you working on a essay here"? she asked ignoring what i said.
"yeah". i mumbled.
"i'm not sure if that's allowed, you know we get paid to work, not to type". she laughed.

"mhm". i said ignoring her.
i've never really seen her pissed off, but i wanted her to try me honestly, i think beating someone up would be the best therapy for me.

"can you not complete this at home"? she inquired.
"so you assume i have a home"? i asked.
"well, of course you do". she laughed.
"but what if i didn't". i raised a brow.
i loved to mess with her. since she always wanted to be so technical, i decided i could do that too.

"well, is there no other place you can do this"? she asked. "i am a college student, i could possibly be living in my car and you ask about my situation so openly"? i slightly gasped and put my hand to my chest, giving a surprised look at her as she shook her head.

"no- i'm just asking why type when you can work". she said softly.
"oh so typing isn't working? is my struggle not of importance to you sadie"? i asked giving a sad look.

"i'm- im sorry". she said turning away quickly and knocking my coffee off the counter with her elbow.
"OH- i'll go get some napkins to clean that"! she panicked running to the back.

i let out a sigh.
finally.

oaktree- i guess it's not that sadie is mean, but FUCK she gets on my nerves through the screen. people like this really IRK me.