Ketsueki

When the three of us arrived at a small japanese restraunt called ketsueki, I realized how hungry I was.
"So- you decided to finally come back into town yeah"? Iwaizumi asked his brown haired friend.

"It's not like you had much going on". Toru replied.
Iwaizumi furrowed his eyebrows and actually looked kinda upset.
I wonder... why there's this tension.
They act like friends, but I feel like maybe there's more to the dynamic than that.

"Well, it's hard to keep things going when your partner leaves for months". Iwaizumi chimed.
I then caught a glance from him through the rear view mirror.

"Y/n. Can you please go inside and ask for a table. Just say I sent you in". Iwaizumi told me.
I nodded and opened the door.
"Yeah. Better not expose yourself through a stupid argument". Toru mumbled to his friend.
Just as I closed the door, I got a weird feeling.
What were they talking about?

I walked slowly into the restraunt, thinking about what that might have been, but smelling the food in the air left me distracted.

"Hi. How can I help you"? A man asked me standing at the front.
"Um- may I have a table for 3"? I requested.
He looked me up and down.
"Ah... I'm not so sure we have enough seats right now". He stated.
Umm.
"Well.. uh.. iwaizumi- sent me in to check". I said.

His eyes lit up.
"Ah well- why didn't you say so". He smiled nervously.
Wait- is iwaizumj popular around here or something?
He's just a yoga instructor not some celebrity.
"Follow me". The man said as he swiftly began walking.

As I followed behind him, we passed several empty tables. Hey- he lied to me when he said there weren't any seats. What the hell kind of restraunt is this.

"That door, private room number 5". He spoke, pointing me to a black door in a dim hallway at the back of the restraunt.
Private room?
My heart started beating a little fast.
Was this some kind of kidnapping plot?
Was I in trouble? Because I was starting to get a weird feeling.

I kept walking where he pointed, and when I opened the door there was a row of rooms.
He told me room five, but the room at the end of the short hall said room 10.
That means there were others here possibly.
Maybe 9 other parties.

Nonetheless, I opened the door to room 5 to find a beautiful scene.
A big red couch with red satin pillows, a table in front of that with another couch on the other side, vases, nice paintings, a black rug covering most of the floor, dim lighting- but that of a crystal chandelier. There was even a bar.

(Something like this)

The only thing, was that there weren't any windows.
The only light was the one from above, it seemed like a set from a movie.

I closed the door and slowly walked over to one of the couches, sitting down and taking out my phone.
The 2 boys were still in the car I suppose.
This was so sketchy.
Are they in the damn mafia or something?
What is up with this backroom shit.

I barely had any service.
My text messages wouldn't even send.
Great- that doesn't concern me at all...

I decided to get back up since I was beginning to fidget. I walked over to the bar and inspected the alcohol, hm- this is a fine selection.
Some of these bottles are over 300$ alone.
It surprises me that the room wasn't locked, but then again- if all these rooms are like this.
I would bet they have more security than they give off.

I'm starving, but since they're taking forever- and also since it seems iwaizumi has some kind of connection to this place, it wouldn't hurt if I have a shot or two.
It will calm me down.

I grabbed a glass and a bottle, and brought it over to the couch. Then I popped it open and poured for myself.
When I sat back and took the shot, it hit me strong.
I winced at the taste... I've never tasted liquor so dense.

I put the glass down on the table in front of me, but when a few more minutes passed and I was still alone.
I took 2 more and closed my eyes.

Suddenly, I heard the knob turn.
I sat up and my heart beat picked back up it's quick pace.
"Y/n glad to see you found the alcohol". Iwaizumi smiled walking in with toru behind him.
"Uhh". I pointed at torus face, there was a cut across his cheek.

"Oh- he's fine. There was an accident". Iwaizumi reassured me. I slowly nodded as the two came to sit down.

They sat across from me.
"Hey- relax, you look so tense. Why don't you have another glass". Iwaizumi spoke.
I felt uneasy. But I poured it anyways.
"You know what- I need one too". Toru smiled standing up and going to get his own.

"Grab me one". Iwaizumi said.
Toru scoffed, but he still grabbed two glasses and came back over to the table.

"Three please". Iwaizumi smiled as he pushed the glasses towards me.
I filled theirs, and we all drank.

I shouldn't tell him that's my fourth shot, he might think I'm drunk.
"Sorry we took so long. I bet you're hungry". Iwaizumi said.

I nodded and he sighed.
"You're being so quiet".
I licked my lips and looked down.
Should I run.
This doesn't feel safe anymore.
I'm scared.

"I'll tell you what's going on if you just listen". He announced.
"Toru... your cheek is bleeding". I mumbled looking up at him.
The red blood stained his pale face as he wiped it off with the table cloth.

I stared at the cut.
That was the cut of a knife, I know it.
"You know what's ironic... ketsueki actually means blood. Did you know that"? Iwaizumi asked me.

"Mm". I nodded blankly.

"It's a name we both agreed on". Iwaizumi said in a reminiscent tone looking at toru.

Wait... this is his place?

What-