Chapter 17

‘’ = thoughts
: = dialogue
[] = System
* = Action
() = Author’s Note

Hearing the words that Woo Jin said put a smile of the Chairman ‘s face. To know one’s self is the hardest part in life.

Chairman Kim: Very well said. Now, shall we go back to the real purpose of this meeting? *smiles*

Remembering the reason of his attendance to this meeting made Woo Jin embarrassed.

Looking at the expression of the kid in front of him made the Chairman chuckled.

The Chairman started the topic by asking Woo Jin about himself. Mainly about how long he have been training at the company.

Chairman Kim: A very skilled vocal technique, clean rap skills, and beautifully executed dance moves. Two months is too short for that kind of improvement, don’t you think?

Hearing the question made Woo Jin have a cold sweat and laugh nervously.

Woo Jin: I-I’m just…a fast learner! *nervous*

Looking at the Chairman’s carefree expression made Woo Jin question himself.

He didn’t know if the old man believes what he said or not base on his expression. The Chairman was smiling but Woo Jin knows that it's more than just a simple smile.

Their conversation continues about his training as an upcoming artist until they suddenly came to the topic about the rookie groups.

Chairman: Since Itzy, TXT and Izone was on the heat this past few days, the company needs to debut a group or an artist that we can use as a counter attack to these rookie monsters. In your own opinion, what kind of group or artist we should debut? No need to be nervous. I just wanted to know your insights about this topic.

Sensing nothing suspicious about the question, Woo Jin started looking from his future knowledge, Woo Jin tries to remember the strengths and weaknesses of those Rookie monsters.

Woo Jin: ITZY are powerhouse performers with an eye-catching and memorable choreography. They have branded themselves with a distinct sound and ITZY’s personalities are very attractive. They embrace their youthful and girly sides but also can put on a fierce face when necessary. If we wanted to go against this group, it’s a safe move to go with the cute concept like how Twice manage fight head on with Blackpink sunbaenims.

Hearing what he said made the Chairman nod and smile.

Woo Jin: And if we wanted to go against Izone then the best move will be debuting the Baby monsters since a girl crush concept was the best counter for the cute concepts. But if we wanted to go against TXT, we can only release a group with the same concept and pray it works. TXT was like BTS on this generation and will be unstoppable in the near future.

After the explanation ,Woo Jin look at the Chairman who still got an unwavering smile on his face the whole time that made Woo Jin feel nervous. He felt like this old man in front of him can read him like a book.

Chairman Kim: Base on your statement, looks like you know those groups very well…

Seeing the weird glint on the eyes of the Chairman made Woo Jin’s heart skip a beat. His palms are sweating and a cold sweat runs down from his spines.

Chairman Kim: Are you aware of the date today? February 20, 2021...

Hearing the date made Woo Jin realize his mistakes and widened his eyes from shock.

Chairman Kim: April 2021 is the end of the Kpop third generation and the rise of the fourth generation by the lead of TXT. It means that those groups you mention before… aren’t debuting yet.

Woo Jin’s body trembles from nervousness and shock. His feet weakened and his heart stopped.

Woo Jin: C-Chairman…y-you…

Chairman Kim: Yes… like you… I came from the future.

Hearing that made Woo Jin almost got a heart attack. Now Woo Jin finally realize the purpose of this meeting.

Just like him…the Chairman was also a time traveler!

And who would have thought this old man will be able outsmart him like this. But there is no one to blame since he’s not careful enough.

Looking at the shock expression of Woo Jin made the Chairman smile.

Chairman Kim: I was also shock when I discovered your true identity…

Listening to the explanation of the Chairman made Woo Jin smack his head for being such an idiot.

The Chairman got suspicious of him when they are at the Recording studio and Woo Jin requested the song of Aespa which is a group that wasn't having a debut yet. And today, he finally confirmed his suspicions.

Woo Jin: But how? Why are we here? Why us?

Hearing the question of Woo Jin made the Chairman sigh. Even he doesn’t know the reason of this phenomenon but he just live his life like this and decided to fix his mistakes.

The Chairman told Woo Jin his story before traveling into the past.

In his previous life, Chairman Kim Dong Suk and his wife are married and got a beautiful daughter named, Kim Jennie. At first, they have a perfect happy marriage despite having financial problems.

Years later, their happy marriage starts crumbling when his 57-year-old wife files for a divorce and their 21-year-old daughter starts ignoring him.

Furthermore, Dong Suk's life turns more miserable when he quit his job, after his boss at YG entertainment promotes his nephew who has worked in the company for only 4 months as a financial manager and not him who works for solid 15 years.

Wishing he could go back in time and fix his life, Dong Suk's 58-year-old body miraculously came back 25 years from the past and morphs into the body he had when he was 33 years old but retains his 58-year-old mentality.

He starts living a new life and tries to fix all of his mistakes and regrets. With his knowledge from the future, he manage to reach the top of YG entertainment and save it from it's doom cause by a lot of scandals and lack of sponsors and stopping those share holders to pull out their shares.

Hearing all of this made it more clear for Woo Jin and share his own story to the old man. He didn't reveal the existence of the system though since he can't be that reckless.

After talking about their previous lives, they come up with similarities of their previous actions. Apparently, they both wanted to fix their lives after having a very bad start.

Hearing the story of one another made the two felt some kind of camaraderie.