Chapter 28

‘’ = thoughts
: = dialogue
[] = System
* = Action
() = Author’s Note
??? = Unknown Person

(09:52pm)

After their recording session, Jennie decided to call it a day.

Jennie: Good job, you two. I’ll polish this tonight and we will be having our vocal practice tomorrow.

After bidding their goodbyes to each other, Woo Jin made his way home.

It’s been a long day, tiring but fun, especially because Woo Jin loves what he’s doing.

Walking on the silent street of Hannam-dong alone, Woo Jin reminds him of the day before he got back into the past.

He can’t still believe that he manage to receive this kind of miracle in his life, despite being just a hopeless neighborhood guy.

He lost his family.

He lost his dreams.

And eventually…he lost his purpose.

But now, everything is going on his way. He got his family and currently striving for his dreams.

But despite all this, Woo Jin felt that something is still missing. And so another question popped up on his head.

Why him? Of all people, why is he the one that got a chance to fix his life? He knows that he’s not a bad person but he is not a very good person either, he still commit a sin from time to time just like a normal human being.

So why him?

While Woo Jin was thinking all of these questions, a little girl around 8 years old, standing on the opposite side of the road while waiting at the side of pedestrian crossing with her older sister, accidentally let go of her favorite ball and it bounced away to the middle of the road.

The little girl let go of the hand of her older sister and sprinted towards the ball to get it that made the people around her to scream in panic while the other people, especially her older sister tries to pull the little girl back

Everything happened in a flash and the girl manage to catch her ball but unknowingly to her, a speeding truck was currently driving on her way that made the little girl froze on her spot.

Meanwhile, Woo Jin was walking peacefully at the opposite side of the road when he heard a lot of screaming from the people near the pedestrian crossing.

Looking at the situation, Woo Jin’s body suddenly made a move and sprint towards the little girl who stood at the middle of the pedestrian crossing while holding a ball and looking at the truck that was coming on her way.

Everything felt so slow for Woo Jin. But he continues to run while looking at the girl’s frightened expression.

Woo Jin gritted his teeth and a sudden burst of power came rushing into him and push his way towards the girl.