Chapter 23

‘’ = thoughts
: = dialogue
[] = System
* = Action
() = Author’s Note
??? = Unknown Person

(A Month Later)

Time passed by in a blink of an eye. It’s been a month since Woo Jin’s song was released.

He wasn’t expecting anything big from the song since it was just a B-side from Blackpink’s album, but still… he was hoping to at least reach the top 100.

But reality exceeded his expectations. Instead on top 100, his song reach up to 75th place!

Although its rank kept dropping afterwards, and is currently at 93 one month later…he was still happy for his achievement.

And this kind of positive mindset receives a lot praise from Jennie.

She told Woo Jin that a newbie’s song reaching a rank within top 100 was already considered a big feat because there are a lot of songs that aren’t even being streamed on melon chart.

Although they both knew that Blackpink’s name was the biggest reason for achieving a high rank for the song, but still… Woo Jin did a great job and Jennie was genuinely happy for him.

Right now, Woo Jin was out with his little sister to buy groceries. And they decided to stop at burger house to get something to eat.

While eating their burger and having a light conversation, a girl around 18 years old approach their table and shyly look at him.

Woo Jin immediately notice the girl’s action and smiled at her that made the girl’s face turn red.

With Woo Jin’s 33% appearance, an 18 year old girl will have a hard time handling his dashing smile.

Girl: U-Um, are you… J-Jung Woo Jin?

Hearing the girl in front of him made Woo Jin’s heart race.

‘I-Is this… my first fan?!’

Not wanting to make the girl wait too long for his answer, Woo Jin nicely introduce himself to her.

Girl: OMIGOSH! IT’S THE ACTUAL JUNG WOO JIN! COULD YOU PLEASE SIGN THIS?! *Hands him Blackpink's album*

Hearing the familiar dolphin-like noises from the girl in front of him made Woo Jin remember his old future.

He wanted to experience this kind of things like giving his autograph, having a picture with his fans and hearing their cheers on stage.

And now, using the system and his future knowledge, he will finally be able to do those things.

Taking the album from the girl and signing it, Woo Jin initiate a simple conversation  with her like what is her name, her likes and compliment her a lot so that she can feel more relax around him.

Woo Jin: Um, Miss Min Jeong… How do you know me?

Min Jeong: Ah! I’m a big fan of Blackpink!

Hearing the girls answer made Woo Jin smile wryly. Of course he was already expecting this kind of answer because Woo Jin haven’t been on any TV shows yet. So he wasn’t really expecting anyone to recognize him.

The only way for people to know him was through YG entertainment’s homepage where his profile picture was posted.

So he still got a long way to go for him to be recognize in public.

Min Jeong: When I listen to ‘Just Missing You’, tears suddenly welled up in my eyes. I was reminded of my grandmother when she passed away when I was young. I felt more than just empathy…the song healed my heart…so… thank you very much! *smiles*