'Chapter One

° Author's POV - Kai

×

"Good morning, Your Highness," a lady uttered and bowed politely towards the guy who was still on his bed.

"I have prepared the bath for you," she continued before walking away from the place after another bow.

A sigh escaped my lips afterwards as he stood up from the bed and walked towards the mirror inside my huge room.

He slowly changed my nightwear into a more comfortable clothes before heading out to use the bathroom.

Who wouldn't want to be a Royal Prince?

A prepared bath every morning and a fancy clothes waiting to be wear.

After being in the water for a while, he went out of the room with towel wrapped around his waist. As usual, a set of clothes were already laying on the bed.

"The King wants you to join for breakfast today," Luhan, a tall and well-built guy uttered. He was one of the loyal guard working for the Royals.

Kai's eyebrows snapped together. "Do we have any guests coming?," he questioned.

"No, Your Highness," he replied.

The young prince released a heavy sigh. He nodded to Luhan as an answer before making his way out of his bedroom.

He was sure his father has planned all these.

"Good morning, Prince Kai."

As he stepped out in the hallway, a taller person greeted him with his usual polite smile.

"Morning," Kai replied and began walking side by side with the person.

"Prince Chanyeol, the horses are ready and we will be going after breakfast," one of the guard, Chen stated after bowing down to the eldest prince.

Chanyeol looked at him and nodded. "Sure," he said before making his way to the dining hall.

He took a glance at the younger beside him.

"You don't have to put on that face, Kai," his words made the latter rolled his eyes.

Kai sighed. "I'm used to have my breakfast in the room so why do I need to join in?," he questioned.

Chanyeol looked at his brother fondly. He did know how he was feeling and how he hated this kind of things.

"It has been a while since you join us to eat together, Kai," he could catch the glimpse of sadness inside those eyes.

Kai huffed.

"At least do it for father okay?," the elder tried to convince again. Finally, he reluctantly nodded.

If could, he really wanted to avoid this kind of family gatherings. But it was an order from The King, so he had no choice but comply.

"Hey," Chanyeol nudged the younger's shoulder. "Wanna join me for a ride after this?," he asked, knowing Kai would like it.

Kai looked at the elder with excitement. "Yeah!," he exclaimed, smiling all wide after hearing the words.

Chanyeol chuckled and stretched out his arms to ruffle the younger's hair. "Let's go," he said.

The two young men made their way into the dining hall. There, a man was seated at the end of the table with a lady sitting beside him. Another young girl was sitting across the lady.

She curled a smile when her eyes met the other two's. "Prince Kai!," she stood up from her chair and walked towards Kai.

Her eyes met Chanyeol's and both were sending messages through their stares.

Kai smiled fondly at his sister. "My King," he bowed down before taking his seat beside Irene, the eldest princess.

He took a glance at the older man who was known as The King. He lifted up his head and flashed a comforting smile towards his son.

"Thank you for joining us, Prince Kai," Yunho uttered softly. Kai was not really sure if it was meant to be sincere or not.

Kai nodded without any word and continued having the food served on the table.

"How have you been, Kai?"

A soft voice was heard afterwards and Kai did not even bother to lift his face to look up.

"Good," he answered curtly with his eyes focused on the foods.

The Queen, BoA only curled up a small smile. He knew the youngest prince was not really fond of her and could say hated her.

Irene exchanged glances with Chanyeol from across the table. Both of them knew this was the main reason why Kai refused to attend any family gatherings.

Ever since their mother passed away twelve years ago, Kai had been more quiet and timid. He would avoid any meetings involving many people.

After years, the King decided to remarry and this was the starting of the conflicts between him and his youngest prince. Kai thought his father would forget everything about their mother which made him refused.

BoA was a nice lady and she treated them well. But for Kai, she was no one but someone who stole his mother place. He would refuse to talk to her and avoided her as much as he could.

"Eat this, I know you like it. That is why I asked them to prepare this for today," Irene began scooping the food for his brother.

Kai shot him a smile. "Thanks, Noona."

"I heard you will join Chanyeol for a ride after this," BoA tried to start a normal conversation between them.

Kai stopped his actions before releasing a heavy sigh. "Yeah," he answered shortly.

BoA flashed a hurtful look afterwards although she tried her best to smile.

"Yes, mother. Kai always like it when we go for a ride," Chanyeol suddenly uttered, trying to warm up the atmosphere between them.

"Really? Then how about we go for a ride together soon?," the queen turned to Kai. Smiling all brightly.

Kai internally scoffed. "No, thank you. I am busy," he replied.

She was seemed taken aback by the reply.

"Prince Kai!," Yunho exclaimed, looking furiously at his son. "Where are your respect?," he looked angry.

"I respect her, father," Kai replied calmly.

"She is your Queen, your mother."

Kai huffed harshly before standing up from his seat. "I respect her as my Queen, but being your wife doesn't make her my mother," he stated firmly.

"I'm done, please excuse me, Your Majesty," he bowed down before marching out of the dining hall.

He ignored the calls from his father and his siblings. All he needed right now was some alone times to clear his messed up mind.

Yunho rubbed his temple as his body slumped down on the chair. His youngest son would always be this stubborn.

--

Hey there! The first two chapters will be short just to introduce the characters' life. I will try to make it longer for next chapters! Hope you enjoy and leave your comments ;)🌼