'Chapter Twelve

°Author's POV

"Kai."

The voice of the lady startled Kai from having his own times at the usual place. He turned to see the Queen walking towards him.

A deep sigh escaped his lips before he curved a slight smile.

"What are you doing here?," the elder questioned. 

"Nothing, just calming my mind here," he answered, shrugging off his shoulder. 

The Queen nodded. "Do you mind if I sit here?," she asked and pointed at the empty spot beside Kai.

Kai was in doubt for a second before he decided to nod. He promised Irene and Chanyeol  to treat her nicely.

"Sure."

Boa was not expecting that at all. Shock obviously written on all over her face when she heard that reply. 

But it was a good sign after all. 

"Do you like coming to this place?," she asked, breaking the awkward silence between them. The tenseness, anyone could sense it.

Kai nodded. "Yeah, it was Mother's favorite place," he replied.

The elder nodded. "Ah, I see," she muttered under her breath.

"How do you know I will be here?," Kai questioned with his eyes staring at the scenery in front of them.

Boa leaned against the chair she was sitting on. "I always saw you here and the guards told me you would be here."

"It is so peaceful right here. No wonder Yuri loved it here," she uttered, with a soft smile plastered on her face.

The name of his mother made Kai turned his attention towards the latter beside him. He hadn't hear that for a while.

"You know about her?," he asked, as slow as possible. 

Boa smiled at him, nodding her head. "I know her so well," she said. "She was the kindest person I have ever met."

Kai could not agree more with that. His mother was literally an angel.

"She told me a lot about her kids, three of you. Mostly about you, her youngest prince," she flashed him a smile.

He could not help but to curl up a smile as well. Talking about his mother will always make him feel happy.

"I still remember the last time I met her. It never crossed my mind that will be the last time," she sadly uttered.

The picture of Yuri laughing and smiling at her was still fresh and clear inside her mind. Nothing could make her forget.

"She asked me to take care of her children," Boa declared, turning to look at the side where Kai was already tearing up.

Tears started to well up his eyes. 

"At the moment, I had no idea but after I heard the news about her passing away...it hit me," she began to form tears as well.

Kai was crying in silence. He had no idea that her Mother used to be close with her.

"Kai, I know I will never be like her. Actually no one could ever replace her, no one," she stated. 

Looking at Kai, "But I hope you can still give me a chance," she slowly slid closer to the younger.

Kai looked up at her, still in silence. He didn't know what to say to be honest.

Only You ¦| [KAIHUN]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara