'Chapter Thirteen

°Author's POV

Kai was rolling his eyes for the recent times while he was following Chanyeol from behind. He had no idea why he was involved in this thing.

"Can you stop sighing? It is annoying," Chanyeol snapped while they were still walking. Not even turning back to look at the younger.

Kai once again sighed heavily. 

"What is more annoying when you keep on forcing me to do something I didn't want to," he uttered.

Chanyeol huffed sharply. "You are a Prince and it is your responsibility to take care-

"-take care of your people and treat them well. Yeah, yeah I know that," he cut him off.

"But I have just done with the trainings and you are already forcing me to come with you," he huffed in annoyance.

Chanyeol shook his head, continuing his walk with his guards instead of going to argue with his brother again.

Kai sighed. "Tell me again why do I need to go too?," he began to question Luhan this time.

Luhan smiled softly. "Your Highness, because you are the Prince," he answered as simple as possible.

Kai replied to that with rolling his eyes. 

Remind him not to ask Luhan ever again.

Their entire walk to the town was started to get tiring each steps he took. They could have been there with their rides but the eldest Prince thought that it would be better for them to walk instead.

To be healthier, he said. 

Which was irritating.

Usually Kai would be so excited to go to the town but this time, he was not feeling it too much. 

He could only hope that he would not come across Sehun as he knew Chanyeol would not let him off easily if he disappeared again.

Kai leaned closer towards the guard he was always with, "What if Sehun is there?," he asked, making sure Chanyeol would not hear them.

"You do not have to worry, Your Highness. I will help you," Luhan replied, smiling to reassure him. 

"I know I can rely on you," he patted the man's back. 

"Can you tell me again why are we here?," Kai questioned as he scuttled to catch the elder's steps.

Chanyeol sighed. "Because I want our people to know you, the youngest prince," he replied.

"It has been ages and never once you ever showed yourself to our people. They will start to wonder about it sooner or later," he explained.

Kai felt his heart started to beat wildly. His disguise would be ruined if this happened.

"B-But I don't think that is necessary," he slid to block his brother from walking further. 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "What are you talking about? It is necessary, people need to meet you," he stated.

Quick thinking, Kim Kai! 

He would be dead if Sehun or anyone close to Sehun knew about him. He needed to do something.

Kai sighed deeply. "But I don't think it is, so I will take my leave first," he replied and was about to step away.

But the elder was quicker to grab him before he could go.