'Chapter Five

Author's POV

×

Sehun had just finished delivering the orders for his customer. He was now walking home along the town.

As he was walking, he felt a light tap on his shoulder making him to turn his body around.

A guy was standing there with a charming smile. "Hi, Sehun."

Sehun frowned his eyebrows in confusion as he saw him. "Do I know you?," he asked.

Kai let out a low chuckle. "I'm Jongin," he said.

Sehun looked up to meet his eyes and the glimpse of the incidents hit his mind afterwards.

"Oh yes, Jongin!," he exclaimed as he just remembered. He flashed him a smile.

"Do you live around here?," he questioned as he was looking around the place they were.

Kai stuttered for a while before he fervently nodded. "Yeah, I live at the end of this road," he retorted.

It was not his intention to be lying about his real identity. But he would not want to make Sehun feel uncomfortable around him.

The villagers did not quite recognize him because he rarely left the castle unlike Chanyeol.

He would want Sehun to know him as him. Not as Prince Kai.

"What are you doing here?," Kai asked to quickly change the topic.

Sehun lifted the bag of breads in his hand. "I just delivered some orders for the customers," he replied.

"Oh, you work at the bakery?," the latter questioned.

Sehun nodded. "Yeah. My family owns a bakery so I helped them," he said.

"I actually never seen you around the town. Do you just move in?," he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

He had been around the town since he was a kid so the people in the town were familiar to him. But he had never seen Kai.

Kai rubbed the back of his neck to hide away his nervousness and laughed it off.

"Maybe you just didn't notice me before. We have like lots of people living here so maybe we haven't run into each other," he tried to come out with a reason to not look suspicious.

Although he was literally sweating hard inside.

Sehun nodded as he thought the reason kind make sense.

"Thank you for the other day," he suddenly said. "He would have hit me if you were not there," Sehun sincerely smiled at him.

Kai was stunned for a few moments before he cleared his throat to cover it up.

Damn. Why did his smile look so beautiful?

"Anyone will be doing the same thing as I did. Don't worry," Kai responded.

He caught the scoff from Sehun as he said those.

"I don't think so," he snickered. "No one would want to mess with Hajoon," he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Kai's eyebrows snapped as he heard that. "Why do you say so?," he asked.

This time Sehun was the one frowning. "You didn't know about Hajoon?," he was looking at him in suspicion.

Kai was panicking at the time. His mind was wandering around to find the perfect answer for that.

"Well I rarely go out so I don't really know about the things happening around," he responded and was relieve when he saw Sehun trusting that.