'Chapter Nine

°Author's POV

"Chen, do you know what is wrong with my brother these days?"

Chanyeol questioned while they were walking down the hallway. He noticed that Kai was being a little mysterious and weird these past few days.

"What do you mean, Your Highness?," Chen replied with another question.

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. "He looks like he is hiding something from me," he responded. "Don't you think?"

What made him felt suspicious was, Kai would suddenly disappear in the morning and no one would know about his whereabouts until he appeared by himself.

Whenever he wanted to ask about it, the younger would find ways to avoid talking about that topic.

"I don't really notice about it," Chen rubbed the back of his neck. Well could not blame him though, he was assigned to guard Chanyeol.

Chanyeol exhaled sharply. "I'm worried about him," he massaged his temple in frustration.

"I'm sure he will be fine, Your Highness," the guard replied. "He can take care of himself and I saw how he stood up for himself the other day," he said.

"Besides, Luhan is with him. I know he will make sure of Prince Kai's safety," he continued again.

Chanyeol nodded. What Chen said was actually true.

"By the way, you can go. I will be fine on my own right now," the Prince uttered. Chen nodded his head, bowed down before walking away from the place.

He sighed deeply for the recent times and started to walk away. Thousands of thoughts were running around in his mind at the moment.

He knew for sure that his father would ask him to replace him as the King once he retired soon and that was not something he was ready for.

It was a big task and being the eldest son of the Royals, he would have no other choice.

But what if the title was given to his brother instead-

"Hyung, what are you thinking about?"

The familiar voice was startling him from his own deep thoughts. "Kai, where have you been?," he questioned, crossing his arms on his chest.

While the younger responded with a grinning. "I was just in my room. Where else would I be?," he retorted.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes to hear the reply. "If that is the case, I would not bother to ask where were you," he stated.

"I have the maids to look for you this morning but they had no idea where have you been," he said again.

This time Kai blinked his eyes to hide his nervousness. It would not be possible to tell his brother the truth.

"I was at the usual place with Luhan," he answered, hoping Chanyeol would buy it for now.

The elder narrowed his eyes while staring at him.

Chanyeol shook his head. "Tao informed me that you have not attend any training these past few weeks," he sternly uttered.

Kai snorted in annoyance. "Why should I go? I am strong and skilled enough, you know that for sure, Hyung," he reasoned out.

He admitted that. Kai could actually easily fight the men all by himself and his skills were good enough.

Whenever they practiced together, Kai would defeat him easily. Despite how playful he was, he would be extra serious on battlefield.