Control

A/N: Futuristic AU, in which a failing Emmy falls in love with a very strange "man" named Daveed. Things happen and Daveed starts to question the fluttering feeling that resides in his heart.

One day, a melancholy Emmy was walking the streets of Oakland. Boy, was she tired. After a long day, she got laid off because the company she was working for got shut down so she was in a pickle. Then, her boyfriend cheated on her, so she got kicked out of the house. Suddenly, as she was walking, she felt someone bump into her from behind and she got up.

"Oh, God, I am so sorry!! Are you okay?", a voice told Emmy. Not gonna lie, the force from the person that bumped into Emmy actually hurt, like she ran into a building.

"Um..yeah..", Emmy said, a bit dazed. She was immediately lifted and spun to see a guy a bit taller than her, with giant curly hair, and dark brown skin, like her.

"Hi, sorry for bumping into you.", the man said. Emmy couldn't stop staring. This dude was a freaking Angel sent from Heaven.

"Uh, no problem, what's your name?", Emmy asked.

"Daveed", he said.

The two shook hands but the moment was cut short when Daveed said, "Oh, I have to go. See you."

Emmy waved back and walked into her own apartment. All she could do was think about Daveed.

Meanwhile, Daveed was in another place with another man. You see, Daveed is an android, but the race of androids have been wiped out by humans. His creator, Lin, was very upset when he found out Daveed had snuck out.

"Daveed, you gotta stop running off like that! I keep on telling you but you never listen!!", Lin scolded.

"I...Sorry sir...", Daveed said in defeat.

"Don't let it happen again, okay?", Lin asked.

Daveed nodded and he went on his bed. He then mentally commanded his brain to replay the event with Emmy earlier that day.

He couldn't stop thinking about her and all of a sudden, he built a strange feeling in his chest. Like...really odd.

He shook it off and decided to get some shut eye. He could meet with the girl tomorrow.