xx. one brain cell

"WHY WOULD YOU INVITE HIM?" HOLIDAY SAID TO MOON QUIETLY AS SHE LOOKED ACROSS THE ROOM to see Hawk sitting on a couch in between Aisha and Mitch, surrounded by the rest of Cobra Kai

  "WHY WOULD YOU INVITE HIM?" HOLIDAY SAID TO MOON QUIETLY AS SHE LOOKED ACROSS THE ROOM to see Hawk sitting on a couch in between Aisha and Mitch, surrounded by the rest of Cobra Kai. Moon was throwing a back to school party and the house was packed full of teens who went to their school— hell, even a bunch of people from other schools.

  "I invited Aisha and told her to bring her friends... I kind of forgot he was included in that." Moon huffs, not to happy about the boy making an appearance. She grabbed her girlfriend's hand and led her out of the room once she felt Hawk's eyes on them. "But you know what, it's good that we learn to be in a room with him without wanting to chuck him off a cliff, you know? We're going to be going back to school and we may have some classes with him, so we have to work on the art of 'send a quick smile to be polite and then ignore'."

  "I never wanted to chuck him off a cliff. You're the one who said that."

  "Okay. I need to learn to be in the same room with him and not want to chuck him off a cliff. Better?"

"Who's getting chucked off a cliff?" Ryker asked, approaching the two girls with a beer in his hand. "This tastes really bad. If I ever drank warm pee, this is what it would probably taste like."

"I'll take it!" Holiday said, smiling when he handed it to her. "I've never had beer before. Only vodka and wine. That's all my mom drinks, so." She shrugged, taking a sip. The moment the liquid hit her tongue, she gagged. "Ew! I have had beer before. I think I just suppressed the memory."

"I'll take that," A random kid says, snatching the drink out of her hand as he walks past.

"...Okay."

"Why is it so silent?" Moon asked, tilting her head, confused at the lack of chatter from around them. She walked forward to peek around the corner, humming when she realized what happened. "Sam's here. And that means Miyagi-Do here so they're having a cute little staring up contest. Come on!" She gestured for the two to follow her before she walked towards the new arrivals, a skip in her step. "Sam! I'm so glad you came!"

"Chris!" Holiday gasped, pulling the boy into an unexpected hug, shocking him. "You were always my favourite. Now you're free!"

Ryker walks right past his brother without sparing him a glance and snatched the box that was in Demetri's hand. "Trivia Pursuit?" He read the title, looking up, amused. "You ever been to a party before?"

"Uh—no?" Demetri looked down, his face heating up. "In my defence I thought it would be a small get together. Not— well, all this."

"Don't be embarrassed, D. We'll play it later." He turned to the blond who was now trying to get Chris to dance with her. "Holiday, Demetri brought a board game."

The blond gasped, "I love board games!"

"See. She loves board games."

"The kegs are outback, drinks are in the kitchen, and the vegan pigs in the blanket just got out of the oven." Moon explained happily, noticing the LaRusso girl's frown but pretending not to see it.