xxi. back to school

"UGH, I FEEL DISGUSTING!" HOLIDAY WHINED, having to clutch onto Moon to keep her balance as she stumbled into school

  "UGH, I FEEL DISGUSTING!" HOLIDAY WHINED, having to clutch onto Moon to keep her balance as she stumbled into school. Of course the world would curse her with a cold on the first day of school. She felt fine when she left the house, her nose was just a little stuffed, but now she's freezing, her head seems like it weighs twenty pounds, and she feels like she might pass out at any moment. "Why did it hit us at the same time?" She asked, leaning over her girlfriend to look at Ryker who was leaning on Yasmine, feeling the same as her.

  "I—" Ryker's words turned into mumbles before he just stopped talking.

  Yasmine nodded, "Well said."

  "Love Bug, maybe you should go home?" Moon asked, concerned with the girl's state. "I could take you both home now— I have gym first and I really don't care if I miss it."

  "No. I'm staying." Holiday said, determined. "I want to do good this year. Like I actually want to try." She moved away from Moon, trying to walk on her own. "See I'm—" She stumbled, and she would have hit the floor if it wasn't for Hawk catching her just in time. "Thanks Miguel." She giggled, poking him on the nose.

  "Huh?" Miguel, who stood next to Hawk, looked very confused.

  "Hands off, asshole." Moon snapped, pulling a delirious Holiday back into her arms.

  Hawk rolled his eyes, "My bad for saving her from a concussion."

  "I had it handled."

  "Oh, yeah. You and your horrible reflexes."

  "Leave."

  "No," Hawk crossed his arms, looking at Holiday in concern. "Is she okay?"

"I am completely fine," Holiday claimed. "I just need to lay down for a minute or two." She said confidently, moving towards the wall and slowly sliding down onto the floor.

"If they're not at least in a normal state of mind after first period I'm taking them home." Moon huffed, bumping shoulders with Hawk as she passed him to help the blond back up. "Love, you need to go to your first class."

"Dude, come on." Miguel sighed at the sad look in Hawk's eyes as he watched the two girls.

He looked over at them one more time, but stopped once he saw Holiday looking right at him. She looked like she was pretending to be mad, before laughing and sending him a salute. He tried to fight a smile as he followed Miguel to their first class. Was she just being nice to him because she seems like she's on drugs? Probably. But he'll take it.

"You know they have the same first period together, right?" Yasmine cringed, looking at the boy who was half alive on her shoulder.

"How the hell is that going to—" Moon was cut off by a thump. "Ryker!"