xxv. smartest crayon in the box

"YOU ARE GOING TO ACE THIS TEST

"YOU ARE GOING TO ACE THIS TEST. I JUST KNOW IT!" Moon said encouragingly, swinging her and Holiday's hands back and forth as they walked down the hallway. "You just have to go in with a positive aura."

"I don't think a positive aura will help me do math equations." The blond huffed, coming to a stop once they reached the classroom. "I'm going to fail. And then I am going to die. And then you're gonna cry because I'm dead."

  "You're not going to die," Moon placed her hands on her girlfriend's shoulders, sending her a stern glance. "You got this."

  "I got this!"

  "Yeah, right." Hawk scoffed, rolling his eyes as he walked passed the two. "You don't even know what 2+2 is without a calculator."

  "Fuck you!" Moon shouted after the boy as he entered the classroom. She turned back to Holiday, who's confidence left her. "Ignore him. His opinion means nothing."

  "I just like to make sure the answer is right, you know?" Holiday huffed, chewing lightly on her bottom lip. "It could have changed."

  "Of course, I do the same thing." Moon leaned forward and bumped their noses together lightly. "Go in there and get a better mark then him."

  "Yeah, I think that's a little much. He's a nerd at heart."

  "Whatever, go!" Moon pushed her forward, patting her butt lightly to get her moving. "Remember, Positive aura!"

🐞

"HEY, ARE YOU READY TO ROCK OUR EARTH SCIENCE PRESENTATION?" Demetri asked as he excitedly approached the lunch table where Yasmine, Holiday, Moon, and Ryker sat with a large contraption in his arms that is covered by a sheet.

  Yasmine rolled her eyes, "I'm ready to go back to a world where we don't talk to each other on a regular basis."

  "Hey, hey!" Demetri placed it on the table before taking a seat beside a bored Ryker who was on his phone. "My popularity's on the rise, while yours is steadily declining." He leaned back, "Like a sexual ven diagram."

  Ryker snorts at the disgusted look on the blond's face as Moon and Holiday laugh.

  "Ew," Yasmine cringed. "Ryker, control your boyfriend."

  Ryker shakes his head, "Not my boyfriend."  

  Demetri held up his hand, "Not yet."

  "Yeah, sure."

  "So what's under the sheet?" Moon asked as Holiday leans forward, interested.