six

Olivia knocked on the window of the car and Elliot jumped, she laughed some as he rolled down the window and she handed him the cup holder. "Morning sunshine." She said before opening the door and sliding in. "Got anything?" She spoke as she took the cup from the holder and sipped the coffee, adjusting herself to be comfortable in her seat.

"No, however I did see a five pound rat." He spoke and Olivia laughed, "Gross, well Fin said that if he follows his normal schedule it'll be around 8 when he starts his routine, we just have to follow him and see if he decides to bother her again, one slight slip up and we pick him up on violating the restraining order. I just don't get it- if a judge says 'hey you can go home for a few weeks as long as you don't go near her', why the hell do they always go near?" Olivia spoke as she looked out the window, staring at the apartment.

Elliot had binoculars, focusing in on the man's apartment, "Because they like to control their victims Liv, it's all about terriozing them, they get off on it. You and I both know that by now." He responded. "Haven't these women been through enough?" She looked away for a moment, looking out the window.

"Liv,"

"What do you got?" She asked and took the binoculars from him. "By the doors of the lobby." He spoke quietly and she lifted them up to her eyes, however it wasn't their suspect that she was looking at, it was Ian, and he wasn't alone. He was standing there with a woman, a sister, he has a sister she prayed it was his sister.

But you don't kiss your sister like that.

Olivia dropped the object into her lap and she looked forward before she tossed them to Elliot and she was out of the car. "Olivia." Elliot spoke but she ignored him, she was heading across the street and on her way to him.

She heard the door slam behind her and knew that Elliot was on her heels. She was on the sidewalk when Ian saw her and she walked up to him. "You have got to be fucking kidding me." She spoke and pushed him hard, he stumbled back his shoe catching a crack in the sidewalk and he fell to the ground. Olivia began to walk towards him again but Elliot wrapped an arm around her waist before she could charge again. 

"Liv come on, Sanders is gonna make us." He spoke into her ear, she shoved his arm away and looked down at Elliot before she walked quickly back to her car. She got back into the passengers seat and Elliot was in the drivers seat. She moved her eyes over to look at Ian, he was looking right back at her, he lifted himself up from the ground and walked away.

"Liv," Elliot started but she held her hand up to stop him. She didn't want to hear anything, there was nothing that she could hear him say right now that would make her feel any better. 

***

Olivia walked into her apartment after work that day. Ian had been calling her all day, he had sent her apology texts and he had even called her work phone and Elliot as well few times but she couldn't talk to him. She walked into her apartment and walked back to her bedroom. She was shaking as she looked at his bag of clothes in the corner. 

His charger was plugged in beside her bed, his glasses.

His books.

His things.

In her apartment.

Just this morning she loved these things. She loved seeing that he felt so comfortable in her apartment, she loved seeing the signs that he was here. But now, the sight of his things did nothing but anger her.  She walked over to his bag and lifted it up, she dropped it on her bed and dumped the contents on her bed.

She began to toss through it, thinking maybe he would have something in here, what she was looking for? She had no idea. She tore through the clothes, the underwear, other items that were shoved in the bag, she searched through the pockets of the bag.