nine

"Oh my god."

Olivia paced around her bathroom as she threw her fifth test in the trash, every single one was positive. There was no hiding it, she was pregnant. She was going to the doctors to check anyway. Ian was the father, Olivia knew that there weren't any other possibilities. 

She took a deep breath as she ran her hands over her stomach, she wouldn't believe it until she got the real confirmation but, she felt it. It felt real. She took a deep breath and her thoughts were interrupted by her phone ringing, she looked down at her phone and saw that it was Elliot, she really did not want to talk to anyone right now.

"El," She started as she answered the phone but her eyes widened, "What?! I'm on my way-"

***

Olivia ran up to where Elliot was standing outside of the apartment building, "What happened?!" She yelled over the wind and the sirens that were surrounding them, "She's got a gun. Nobody else is in there we evacuated the building,  "She'll only talk to you." Olivia's eyes widened, "Me? What does she want with me? If this is a suicide threat why are there so many damn cars and ambulences here?" She looked around at the swarming building. 

"Because she shot someone Liv, I guess there was this guy, brother of the guy that raped her came and tried to get her not to testify, she shot him. She won't let anyone else go in," Elliot spoke. "I can't let them, I can't let her get shot Liv," He spoke and Olivia took a deep breath, "Give me a vest, I'll go." She spoke and she took the vest from Elliot's hand she zipped it up and shook her head, "I can do this. She won't hurt me." 

She adjusted her belt and sighed before grabbing her gun from her holster and entering the building, she let out a shaky breath and held her gun, aimed down at the ground as she walked in and up to Alexis's apartment, the door was wide open and she ducked her gun in first, "Alexis? It's Olivia," She called out. 

"Come in Olivia," She heard a whimper and she walked in slowly, she held her gun up somewhat but lowered it when she saw the image in front of her, there was a man laying on the floor holding his wound on his side, Alexis was sitting on a chair behind him holding the gun in her hand. 

"Alexis, I know you wanna talk so let's do that, we can talk that's fine but you have to let him go." She spoke and she kept her gun down by her side but she truly didn't feel like she was in danger, she was more worried about Alexis and what she would do to herself, "What do you care about him?" Alexis spoke and Olivia sighed, "I don't really I don't but if you don't let him go, he could die and you could get in more trouble than you could ever imagine, so let him go."

Alexis nodded and Olivia looked down at him, "Get out of here." She spoke, a dark stare was on her face. "How? She fucking shot me." He tried to get up on his feet but he stumbled, "Crawl for all I fucking care, get the hell out of here." She yelled and she watched as he finally made his way out of the room. "I'm gonna sit down Lex, alright?" Alexis nodded and she took a seat across from her on the couch, she kept her hand on her own gun and Alexis held onto the gun in her hand. 

"Lex, put the gun down." She spoke but Alexis shook her head violently and put the gun to her chin and Olivia's eyes widened, "Okay okay okay, okay let's calm down, Come on let's talk okay just talk." She spoke and Alexis slowly pulled the gun down but kept in her lap, "You don't like me very much do you?" Alexis asked.

Olivia took a deep breath, "Lex I will be honest, because you deserve that, you deserve the honest truth alright? At first no I didn't like you, you know how much Elliot means to me. I didn't think anyone was good enough for him, I just, well I didn't trust anyone. But when I saw the way he looked when you would walk into the room, the way his face would light up, the way he smiled when he saw you, I had no choice but to like you. Because you made him so damn happy, and he loved you so much, and he loved your baby. So at first no, I didn't, but now, I think you are such a great person Lex. I do, and I want you to get out of this building with me, I want you to get out of here and get better because that is what you need." She spoke.