fourteen

"We're here!" Kathleen called out in a whisper yell as she entered the home of Elliot and Olivia with the 4 other Stabler children behind her. She was holding a box in her hand, a wrapped gift as well as another gift bag. The rest of the children also had numerous gifts.

"Hey guys." Elliot said happily as the kids kicked off their shoes and each gave their dad a hug and a kiss. "Where's Liv?" Lizzie piped up. "In the living room with Noah." he told her.

The kids, joined by Elliot, all filed into the living room where Olivia was sitting on the couch with Noah in her arm. They had put him in a onesie that was blue that said baby brother on it with some pants overtop. He was sucking on a pacifier as Olivia rocked him.

"Hey guys." Olivia said quietly as she stood up shifting Noah who cooed lightly. The Stabler children all looked over at the little boy who rested in Olivia's arms. "This is Noah Benson Stabler." She told them, the two decided to opt out on a middle name, they both wanted to share their name with the baby.

It was a bit of a weird situation, Noah actually had no biological relation to Elliot, but it truly didn't matter because in her eyes, Elliot was the father of the baby. It was his name on the birth certificate an nobody truly needed to know the biology behind it all.

Olivia handed over Noah to Kathleen first and then went to stand beside Elliot who put a hand on her lower back, and gave her a small kiss on the cheek.

For the Stabler children this wasn't exactly a new game to them, especially for Maureen the oldest. She can still remember when the twins and Eli were born, she didn't expect any more children after Eli but that didn't mean that she loved this baby or was excited about it any less.

Kathleen however was probably the most excited of all of them, not that the others weren't excite but Kathleen had been the most excited off the five when they learned about all of this.

To the other three it was nothing but excitement for their father and Olivia at this. It wasn't like Lizzie didn't want her parents together of course she did, but she could tell the true love of his life was not their mother but it was Olivia.

Sometimes Dickie would think about what life would be like if Elliot never met Olivia, if he would be as happy as he was now. Who he would be with, if it would be their mother or someone else. Or if love was true and and somehow they would still find each other.

Eli was the youngest of the five Stabler children, but not anymore he was now a big brother as well. Eli was one of the closest to Liv seeing how they were brought together when he was just an infant. Everyone was also worried about him the most when it came to him and Olivia dating but he loved her and he was just fine.

Kathleen transitioned Noah into Maureen's arms and then went to join Olivia who was now in the kitchen. "How are you doing?" Kathleen asked as she helped Olivia start a pot of coffee.

"Oh I'm alright, it's a slow healing process and it's only been a week. I've got about 5 more weeks before my stiches should be healing up, not to mention I about gave the neighbors and your father a heart attack this morning when I nearly ripped them open." Kathleen laughed as she took out a mug for Olivia to pour coffee in.

"When Maureen had Sam for a while she had some troubles, she was down a lot. She just...wasn't the same. A lot of women get that way after they have a baby and it doesn't mean anything it just happens there's not really a reason..." Kathleen trailed off and Olivia smiled.

"I know what you're getting at Katie, you're talking about post partum depression. And yes you are right, many women do get it however I am doing just fine."

***

Despite trying to not let it bother her, Kathleen's words sat with Olivia for the whole day. She knew about post partum depression for sure, she had seen quite a number of cases run through her work of moms, who would never do anything like they had done but the depression got to them.