seven

Olivia jolted awake and instantly groaned, her head was pounding and her back was sore. She leaned back and then felt her hand touch someone else's skin, her head whipped around quickly, her eyes widened when she noticed it was Elliot. She didn't remember him coming over the night before, she couldn't remember anything after getting home from Ian's apartment. 

She sat up and looked back at Elliot who woke up when she moved, "Hey, how are you feeling?" He spoke and Olivia looked at him and then away, "Uh I don't know, did we uh?" She spoke and Elliot shook his head quickly, "No, you called me and when I got here you were well passed out. I helped you clean up and you asked me to stay. So I did." He spoke. 

Olivia didn't feel uncomfortable with Elliot in her bed, she used to sleep in bed with him every night, the fact that she couldn't remember anything from the night before was what scared her. "I should, get ready. Take some Tylenol." She told him and stood up, she walked out into her kitchen and opened her medicine cabinet. She grabbed the bottle of Tylenol and grabbed a few pills and swallowed them down with a bottle of water.

She walked back to her bedroom and looked at Elliot who was now sitting up, "Go home and get ready, I'll meet you at work." She told him and then she headed off to her bathroom. She shredded the clothing she was wearing, she ran her hands over her neck as she stretched and flipped on the water and adjusted the water, she looked in the mirror and down at her body, she sighed and shook her head before stepping under the water.

Elliot was gone when she got out of the bathroom and she dropped her towel once she was in her bedroom she dropped her towel and grabbed some clothes. She put on her slacks and a long sleeved shirt before walking to her safe and grabbing her gun and badge and attaching. 

She planned to spend the entire day drowning herself in coffee and pretending that her head didn't hurt as bad as it did.

***

4 days later

"Liv I need you in my office, now."

Olivia looked up from her computer, and over at Elliot who looked up to Cragen as well before she scooted her chair out and stood, making her way to his office, she stepped in and he pulled the door shut. He was quiet as he walked through the office and he pulled an object out of his drawer.

She watched with her lips parted as he pulled out a breathalyzer. "What's going on?" She spoke and Cragen walked to her, he held up the object to her. "Blow." He spoke and Olivia just laughed, "Don you can't be serious." She responded, "If you want me to handle this rather than IAB then you better blow." He spoke, he was firm. Olivia stepped forward and wrapped her lips around before she blew.

The machine beeped and Cragen looked at the meter. He didn't tell her the level and she didn't want to know. He just sat it down on his desk and looked back at Olivia who was the first to speak, "I'm not drinking at work Captain." She spoke and mov ed her eyes down to the floor. "But you're drinking enough for it to become a problem here, you can't stay awake, you go off on suspects and you're not the same. You may not be drunk, but you're still intoxicated. You get sober, you can come back. I will tell them that you are taking vacation time. I will give you two weeks Olivia, you prove to me that you can handle this. You can come back." He told her.

Olivia looked down and then back at him, "Captain, I'm going through a rough time but I'm fine, you can trust me." She told him. "Then take the time to get yourself together," He spoke but Olivia shook her head, "I can't handle 2 weeks all by myself I'll go crazy. Give me 1, I'll get it together I promise." She told him. She took off her gun and badge from her belt and put it on his desk before she exited the office.

Elliot was watching her as she walked back into the squad room but all she did was open up her drawer and grab her keys before speaking, "See you in a week."