Chapter 15:Tara

I walked into the tent, right behind Raven who didn't miss the chance to glare at me with her piercing dark eyes.I gulped and turned back to meet my gaze with James' who seemed to be staring back at me with worry. 

Why do I get myself into these messes.

I slowly walked into the tent and I had to admit that it was actually pretty spacious and beautiful inside! The low hanging lights and Silky white tent background made it look ethereal. IN the corner, there lied a large bed that Raven was currently sitting on, taking the time to remove her shoes and use the comb on the desk to tame her wild hair.

I guess she does care about her looks, at least the bare minimum...

"Sit down!" she commanded, motioning to the chair across the bed. I didn't hesitate and immediately took the seat- my feet were killing me.

"Do you know, what you have just done?" Raven said in an icy voice, pressing every word of the sentence. 

"It was just dark and I-" I began.

"The truth Tara!" She yelled in frustration. I let out a sigh, there is really no escaping her.

" I just want to know about that man, how is he related to you, what history  do you guys share and is he good or bad?" I finished breathless.

"That is none of you business!" Raven commanded once more, her icy gaze meeting mine.I was running out of patience and my temper was rising fast- she cant act like she doesn't know!

"Because you are my goddamn sister!" I scream in anger, my eyes turning red and my hands curled into tight fists.

Raven looked taken aback but that only lasted a second.

"So?" she deadpanned.

"So! So! What does that suppose to mean Maria! After these many years I come back again only to realise that my sister is the queen to a dangerous empire!" I yelled.

"Look-" she started but i didn't let her finish.

"I care for you! When you went missing we searched for you and a few months later mother even died, but-but you still weren't in sight!" I continued to yell.

"Clearly you didn't search hard enough!" Raven countered.

This made me  freeze, didn't she know?Didn't she know how sick mother got, after realising she has lost her daughter and husband on same night.Didn't she know, that we spent days, searching every corner of Corela for her? How could she act like this!

Raven took this opportunity to continue, "And that is when my career started, I had roam homeless around the kingdom- begging for help- only to receive none and at 17, i finally ran out of patience and started this!"

"I started this empire, to help the innocent and to kill the villainous! I climbed every step of torture to finally become Raven, to leave Maria in the past.Then you came, in the 24 miserable years of my life- I have never felt worse!"

 The last few word tore daggers through my heart!

"The only reason you are still alive is because i don't want MY blood to spill, after years- I don't wan that to happen again!" She yelled furiously. This my breaking point, how pathetic of me to think that she still loved me!To think she was still Maria- how wrong I was...

Tears streamed down my face as I slowly started to walk out of the tent, slowly the walk became a jog and then a run.I ran until I was far from people-  in front of a lake and then I broke down into tears. I felt numb from the pain, I felt lonely, really lonely...

"Mother, why did you have to leave me, " I wailed as I gazed up at the moon.WHY?

Before I could say anymore, I heard the crunch of leaves behind me, I gazed up at the figure that slowly inched toward me. Our eyes met.James.

"Tara, is everything ok, I heard yelling and I came as fast as I could but you were running away from the tent..." he said gently.Suddenly I felt angry, wasn't he that one that made me believe that Raven cared for me!

Without thinking, I walked towards him and slapped him hard across the face. He looked taken aback but he didn't say anything.Why was he so quiet, I just slapped him?

"Why did you -WHY DID YOU MAKE ME BELIEVE THAT I COULD BRING BACK MY SISTER, WHHHYYYYY?" I screamed, tears streaming dangerously down my face.

Before I knew it my knees felt weak and I crumpled to the ground. James slowly bent down and hugged me, enveloping me in the warmth I needed.

We sat there for a long time, no words, just my never ending cries.Why was I such a mess?

____________

Thank you for a 170 reads and 20 votes!

I appreciate it a lot!

Harmony