We Meet Again

Waking up to the blaring alarm, you groaned before looking for your phone in order to turn it off

Once it's turned off, you close your eyes once again, trying to go back to sleep. After a few minutes, you find yourself still awake.

Cursing in your head, you get out of bed and go into the bathroom. Once your done, you go to the small kitchen, looking for something to eat for breakfast.

Sitting down with your plate of food, you check your phone to see you have a missed message.

Old Man

Have an errand to run.

Please open the shop.

You look at the time and see that it's still early. You had planned on waking up early so you could work on your sketches, but now you weren't feeling inspired.

Contemplating on whether or not to go back to sleep, you put your dish in the sink and get dressed.

'I'll just go and see if the bakery is open.'

You grabbed your house keys from the counter and locked the door on your way out.

Walking down the streets in the morning was always relaxing, and it made you wish you did it more often.

Looking down at your phone once again, you realized why you never did, 'It's way too early.'

You opened the door to you favorite bakery, the bell ringing as soon as the door was opened.

"One moment please!"

You heard the voice of the older lady that ran the shop. Even though you were never close with anyone, she was one of your favorite people to be around.

"Oh Y/n sweetheart! It's good to see you!" You watched her come from behind the counter, walking towards you with open arms.

"It's good to see you too Ms. Sumiko," you said while accepting the hug.

She brought you behind the counter into the backroom, getting you something to eat and a hot drink.

"I haven't seen you in so long, so it's on the house," she smiled at you warmly, making you almost feel bad.

Though it was only 'almost', "Hell yes, thank you so much ma'am," as you started to eat right away, making her smile and shake her head.

You saw Sumiko open her mouth to speak again, but she was interrupted by the bell connected to the door at the front.

"I'll be with you right away," she called out before turning back to you, "You're welcome to stay as long as you need. Maybe we can catch up this week," she smiled at you once more before heading to the front.

Before she had left the room, you called out to her with your mouth full, "Thank you once again! If you ever need anything, I'm always happy to help."