Always Knew

You laid down in bed, curled into a ball

Your hand was clenched to your chest as you tried your hardest to fall asleep.

It was only the next day and although you had repeatedly tried to reach your father, he has yet to even text you back.

Burying your face even further into your pillow, your hand tightened more around your heart.

All you wanted was for it to stop.

It felt as if your heart was breaking.

Your grandpa was all you knew. He was always there for you no matter what, and now the one time you needed your dad, he was nowhere to be found.

Though you felt like everything was falling apart, it was as if you couldn't cry. The tears just wouldn't come.

Hearing a knock on your door, you ignored it having a good idea of who it could be.

A little while later the knocking continued, but this time it didn't stop.

Getting annoyed, you got up and walked to your door, glaring at the person on the other side.

Dabi stood there with a stoic expression.

He took in your face, your eyes seemed sad and tired.

Reaching a hand out, he moved the hair that was out of place.

Not wanting to spread any negative energy, you stepped back into your apartment starting to close the door, "My hairs a mess, I look like shit, and I'm tired. I don't want to see you right now."

However before you could completely close the door, he stopped it with his hand.

Pushing the door open slowly, he looked you in the eyes, "Let's go somewhere."