Once Again

Walking home from she shop, you held a paper above your head

"That old man really went all out."

The paper read your name along with the industry that would allow you to ink people's skin and get paid.

You had gotten a certificate, a real certificate.

Just the feeling was unreal to you and it has yet to have been processed through your mind.

As you walked down the same road you sprinted down this morning, you saw someone come up next to you.

Lowering the paper from over the top of your head, you weren't very surprised to see who it was.

Taking the paper from your hands, he looked over the words while you watch closely to make sure he doesn't ruin it in any way.

"A tattoo artist," he looked you up and down from head to toe as you held your hand out asking for your paper back, "how cute."

Seeing that he didn't plan on giving it back any time soon, you snatched the paper back roughly, "Isn't it."

Your response was laced with sarcasm but he gave no reaction.

As you both walked in a comfortable silence, you couldn't help the growing smile appearing on your face.

Dabi looked over to you only to see you smiling like an idiot.

"What, like me that much Princess?"

He watched as your smile turned into a glare when you turned your head to him.

"Please, you wish," he watched as you raised the paper above your head again.

Speaking quietly under your breath but loud enough for him to hear, you spoke again, "I'm going to be a mother freaking tattoo artist."

A smile made its way to your face once again.

Finally relaxing, you slowly register everything that has actually happened today, "...I passed!" You turned to Dabi with a surprised look, somewhat startling him.

"I fucking passed!" you slightly squealed looking back at your paper, "I'm the literal best."

Dabi could only watch in amusement, finding your reaction moderately cute.

"That's insane," but your excitement died down as something caught your attention.

Looking at Dabi again, you held a confused face making his change to match yours.

"There are people down that alley trying to ambush you."

Taking in your statement, he blinked a few times before speaking, "Huh?"

Pointing to the alley you were referring to, you spoke again explaining, "They're competing to see who can take you down first."

You then pointed to your ears, "I heard it."