three

Aubrey walked down thinking about what she was going to do today when she saw Rose. "I need you to go with me." Aubrey gave her a look. "Elena wants to turn herself in and I need you there with me."

"Okay, but if Damon finds out, I didn't know anything about this plan." She said as she walked out. "I'm there for the ride."

Rose nodded as they walked to Elena's car. Aubrey saw the smile, but she rolled her eyes as she still couldn't believe she didn't know about the supernatural. Aubrey put her head phones in and started ignoring whatever Elena was telling Rose. "This is a mistake." She mumbled.
~~~
Aubrey walked into Slater's place and started looking around. She was not going to be the one who gets in trouble for this stunt. Seeing a book, Aubrey grabbed it and started reading. She realized it was notes on Valentina and Klaus.

What I had known of Klaus is that he had one weakness. Valentina. He would watch over her family as it grew. Till recently, he may have been focused on being a hybrid, but he was also wanting his best friend back and seeing as she has a doppelgänger, Klaus wasn't only after the Petrova doppelgänger he was after Aubrey.

Aubrey threw the book down and looked to see more notebooks. She grabbed each one and started reading the first page she opened the book to. Each one contained information about her bloodline and how there was mysterious deaths around them, but no one knew what the cause was.

"Aubrey..."

"Upstairs." Was all she said as she continued to read from a thousand or so years ago. Valentina.

Valentina was known to be kind and sweet till you pissed her off. She was something that no one ever thought she was till she was protecting Klaus, but he swore to never tell what she was.

"Lets go." Damon tells her.

Aubrey looked at Damon and saw Elijah. She nodded as she grabbed the books and walked out. "Did you find..."

"Answers." She said. "I think Klaus was in love with Valentina and he already knew about me."
~~~
Valentina would always be there for Klaus even after she was married and had a son, Klaus came first. When she died mysteriously, Klaus took her son to a family who promised to raise him. He knew that Valentina's blood line would continue in hopes for one day he would meet her doppelgänger.

"So that explains everything."