five

Aubrey woke up to someone knocking at her door. She rolled her eyes as she went to see who it was. She opened to see Elijah. "What do you want?" She asked.

"I see you're not talking to your friends."

Aubrey rolled her eyes. "Last time I checked, I don't have to tell you anything." She said as she walked out. "It's no ones business..."

"You need to be around them to be safe."

Aubrey stopped and looked at Elijah. "Let me tell you something, Elijah. I've read those journals, I've heard stories about Klaus, but I'm not scared of him. I don't judge people by the stories. I will judge when I meet him. Now, if you don't mind, I have things I got to do."
~~~
Damon spotted the one girl that no one hasn't spoken too since she discovered the truth about them. He understood she felt betrayed, but Rose was asking for the original doppelgänger. She has something she has to tell her. "Aubrey."

"What do you want, Damon?"

"Rose was bit by a wolf." Aubrey stopped and looked at him. "She wants to see you."

"She's dying?" Aubrey asked as he nodded. "Okay, I'll be there soon."

Damon watched as she walked away. Aubrey will only talk to the one who told her the truth and after Rose is gone, Aubrey will distance herself once again. Something none of them wants as Aubrey is the smart one. She always knew how to get them out of trouble. "Let's hope she helps us after this." He mumbled as he left.

Aubrey heard what he said, but the truth is, she didn't care what happens anymore. They lied to her, betrayed her trust, put her in danger, Aubrey wasn't going to go back even if her life was in danger. They lost her the moment Rose told her the truth.
~~~
When she arrived at the Salvatore house, Elena ran out just to see Aubrey. "Aubrey, have you seen Rose?"

"No. I was on my way to see her. Is she missing?"

"The bite has her hallucinating things that happened long ago." She explains. "It's causing her to feed and to kill."

Aubrey turned around and went to leave when Damon arrived. "Where's Rose?"

"Missing." Aubrey said. "Because the bite is making her hallucinate. We have to kill her."

Damon nodded and left when Liz called. Aubrey walked in and straight upstairs. "What are you doing?"

"Making Damon's bed more comfortable for Rose." She said. "If she's going to be killed by one of us, she needs to be comfortable. It's the least I can do for her."

Elena knew right there that Aubrey actually cared for Rose. Even though she never spoke to Rose in a few days, but Rose was honest. Aubrey closed Damon's door and let her tears fall. Rose wasn't supposed to die.
~~~
Aubrey smiled as Damon carried Rose in. She sighed as she sat down and watched the heartbreaking scene take place. She confessed to living long enough and that it was time for her to go. Aubrey may not know what was said, but she hated watching Damon kill Rose. She walked over and hugged him as Elena just stood there watching them hug. "I'm sorry for her death, Damon."

"You didn't do it." He said. "I should have been honest with my friend. I'm sorry, Aubrey."

"You are the first person to actually mean it. I forgive you." She tells him. "I'm going to go home and get some rest. This is just too much."

Damon nodded as Aubrey left. Elena sighed as she didn't know if Aubrey would believe her or not.
~~~
When Aubrey got home, she went straight to bed as tonight was too much, but something was telling her that Klaus was in town and that the ritual isn't that far away. Aubrey changed and laid down as Klaus had plans. The first person he was getting is Aubrey then he will kill Elena to be his true self once again.