four

Aubrey had closed herself off from her friends. They lied to her and now she was learning more about herself then she ever did. Grabbing another book, Aubrey started to read more on Valentina and Klaus' relationship. She sighed as she sat down and opened the book.

What I know of Klaus is that this Aubrey girl, the original's doppelganger, has watched her from the time she was born. Elijah had explain to me that Klaus watched this young girl grow up. When Aubrey was six years old, she met Klaus.

"What?" She said as she doesn't remember and continued to read.

Aubrey was at the park by herself as her parents were at home fighting. Klaus saw her and Elijah said that something from Aubrey broke the hybrids heart.

Aubrey started thinking back to that day.
~~~
A six year old sat on the swings crying as her parents were fighting once again. "Hello." She heard and looked up to see a man. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She tells him. "I'm not supposed to be talking to strangers, mister."

Aubrey watched as he smile and kneeled in front of her to tie her shoes and wipe her tears away. "I promise that I'm no stranger, but a friend." He tells her. "You look just like my best friend before she left me."

"Really?" Aubrey asked. "What was her name?"

"Valentina."

"Pretty name. I'm Aubrey."

"Niklaus."

Aubrey smiled as she placed her small hand on his cheek causing him to look at him. "Can I give you a nickname?" She asked as he nodded. "Yay. So I'm guessing you go by Klaus and Nik." Klaus nodded. "Hmm...I give up."

"How about you just call me Klaus."

"Okay."
~~~
Aubrey stared at the book shock as she didn't remember till now. "I met Klaus." She said as she looked back at the book. hearing her phone ring. "Hello?" She answered. "Elena, I'm not coming over till everyone stops lying to me."

Outside her window, Klaus stood watching her to make sure she wasn't harmed. If she remembered their first meet, then his compulsion is starting to wear off, but how. He looked back at the doppelganger and left. He will finally know Aubrey Nichols.

Aubrey rolled her eyes as she hung the phone up. "Elena can be suicidal, but I'm not." She mumbled as she walked to the kitchen. "I have more important stuff to think about then this ritual."

Looking at the books, Aubrey knew the more she read the more she was learning Valentina. She may look like her, but she was nothing like Valentina. Aubrey sighed as she knew this was just the beginning for her.