Us Against the World

Requested on Tumblr

Pairing: Deke x reader

Genre: Angst, Fluff

Characters: Deke, Y/N, Mack, Coulson, Melinda, Daisy, Fitz, Simmons

Words: 1571

Description: When Y/N is captured, Deke races against time to save them. The situation leads him to a sudden realisation.

Bullets were firing at you from all angles. Daisy was across the other side of the base fighting off other in humans. Melinda was down for the count behind you. Panic was beginning to take over your senses as your surroundings were closing in around you. You had no other choice but to surrender to the enemy. Either that, or they kill you. Putting your gun in your holster, you raised your hands up above your head in a surrendering position.

“Stop firing! I surrender! Take me but please leave my friends alone!” “Y/N, what the hell are you doing?!” Dekes panicked voice came through the comms and your heart immediately sunk. You closed your eyes and blinked away the tears that were threatening to fall. Two figures walked towards you and knocked you out with the butt of their gun, whilst another talked through their comms to alert the others of the situation.

One of them picked you up and carried you away towards their ship right before Daisy came running through the corridor. She began to send out blasts towards the enemies but she was too late. Her eyes went wide when she seen your unconscious body in their arms. “Y/N!” She began to run towards the ship but it took off right as she got to the entrance.
She looked around and seen May on the floor, unconscious.

Racing to her side, Daisy placed her finger on her comms and sent out a message. “Guys, May’s down. I’ll bring her back with me but…. They’ve got Y/N.” Her head hng low as those last words came out of her mouth. She gathered May in her arms and carried her out of the base.

On the other side of the comms Deke was walking back and forth across the ships floor, the severity of the situation completely taking over his senses. “Why would Y/N give herself up like that? How could she let that happen to herself?!” He began raking his hands through his hair, frustration and panic evident on his face.
Coulson stepped forward and placed a calming hand on his shoulder. “I’m sure she had a good reason for doing what she did. The main thing that we need to do now is find her and take out those HYDRA agents.” Deke nodded his head and took a deep breath to calm himself. He needed to keep a level head if he wanted to save you.

Daisy and May soon returned to the ship, a little battered and bruised, but they were OK. May had woken up and was raring to go, as usual. Coulson gathered the whole team and began to talk through the plan. Luckily, your suit had a tracking implant in it, so Fitz and Simmons easily found your location. The team gathered their gear whilst Mack flew the ship to your location.

As Deke was readying up, his thoughts began to wander. He didn’t want to live this life anymore, a life where you could easily get hurt, or worse. He wanted to keep you safe and protect you from the dangers of the world. He understood that you loved being able to save the world, but if this has taught him anything it’s that life is too precious. He wanted to make the most of his life with you. You are the most important thing to him and he wanted to keep you with him, always. Once he made his final decision, he marched towards Coulson and whispered the plan in his ear. Coulson looked Deke straight in his eyes with a disappointed look but also understanding why Deke was doing this.

With Coulson’s approval, Deke sat down and waited to march into battle to save the woman that he loved.

Screams erupted from your body as the agent pierced your skin once again. Wounds and bruises littered your skin as your torture continued. They wanted information on Coulson and SHIELD’s plans, but you were never going to give them what they wanted.
“WHERE IS COULSON?!” The agent twisted the knife that was lodged in your shoulder which caused you to whimper in pain.

You took a deep breath to mask the pain and looked the agent dead in the eyes. “Go fuck yourself!” The agent raised his hand and slapped you across the face, causing your head to whip to the side. The agent marched back towards the tray of torture devices and grabbed a large pair of scissors and placed them against your fingers.

“Is your team really worth all this pain? Are you willing to lose your fingers for them?” “I’m willing to lose my life for them.” He began closing the scissor blades on your finger, streams of blood erupting from your skin, however gunfire interrupted his concentration and he whipped around to the sound of the commotion. “This isn’t over.” He rammed your gag back into your mouth and ran towards the entrance of the room, gun cocked towards the door.

The doors flew open and in walked Daisy and Deke. Daisy took care of the agent whilst Deke ran straight over to you, guilt all over his face. “Oh baby, what did they do to you?” He took the gag out of your mouth and cradled your face with his hands. You leaned into his touch and let out the tears that you had been holding on to.

Deke leaned his forehead against yours and kissed your lips softly.
“You’re ok now, we’re here. I’m here. Nothings ever going to happen to you again.” He turned his attention to your bonds, careful not to injure you anymore. Gently, he picked you up in his arms and carried you out of the HYDRA base, the rest of the team following close behind. In between this, you fell unconscious from the amount of blood that you lost and the severity of your injuries.

You woke up in the medical bay of the SHIELD ship. You looked around frantically but soon calmed down when you noticed Deke sitting beside you, sound asleep and grasping your hand tight. With your other hand, you ran your fingers through his hair to wake him up. Groggily he sat up and smiled when he seen you staring back at him.

“Hey princess, how you feeling?” “A little sore, but I’ll live.” Deke’s smile faded and was replaced with a serious expression, very uncommon for him. “Yeah, Y/N, but it could have been much worse. You could have died! What were you thinking giving yourself up like that?”

Your head tilted downwards a little. “I wanted to protect my team. We were surrounded. The only way to keep them safe was surrendering myself. It was the only way.”

“No, it wasn’t the only way! You could have called for backup! You didn’t need to put yourself in harms way for the team! Your life is worth more than that!” Your head shot up, an angry look on your face. “Well, what was I supposed to do? Let them kill us all?! Let them kill you?! I wasn’t going to let that happen! I love you too much to lose you!” Deke pressed his lips against yours, pouring all of his emotions into it.

Pulling away, he cradled your face in his hands and caressed your cheek with his thumb. “I love you to, Y/N, which is why I think we should leave the team. Let’s run away together, to a place far away. You will never have to put yourself in harms way ever again. I don’t think I could go through this again, watching the woman that I love sacrifice herself. Please, let’s get away from all this and start a normal life. Get married, have children, grow old together. That’s all I want.”

You stayed silent for a few minutes and let Deke’s words sink in. “Ok, Deke. Let’s go, right now.” Immediately, his face lit up with happiness. He placed a soft kiss on top of your head before running off somewhere unknown.

You and Deke were standing hand-in-hand in front of the whole team, bags at the bottom of your feet. All eyes were on the both of you, confused and inquisitive. “Alright guys, we have some big news.” You took a deep breath to calm your nerves. “Me and Deke have decided to leave the team. If the recent situation has taught us anything, it’s that life is too short. I nearly died on the last mission and I can’t risk my life anymore. I want to be able to live out the rest of my life with the man that I love. I hope you guys can understand this.”

The rest of the team looked at each other before looking back at you with large smiles on their faces. “of course we understand, Y/N. What you did for us was extrodianary and we cannot thank you enough for everything.”

They walked towards you both and engulfed you into a group hug. Tears were spilled and smiles were given before it was time for you and Deke to depart to your new life. To say you weren’t scared was an understatement, but you were also excited for what your new life was going to bring.