Exhausted

Requested on Tumblr

Pairing: Daisy Johnson x reader

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Daisy, Y/N

Description: Y/N has been working overtime lately and hasn't really had a chance to take time to rest. Daisy picks up on this and decides to take care of them.

You walked through the front door and slammed it closed, sliding down in and cupping your face in your hands. You heard soft footsteps coming towards you and a small smile made its way onto your lips. You felt a pair of arms wrap around you and pull you in.

"Hey, baby. How was your day?" Looking up at Daisy you smiled slightly. "Better now that I'm with you." She leaned down and pecked your lips before standing up, helping you up with her. "I've got a surprise for you. Follow me." Cocking your head and furrowing your eyebrows, you followed Daisy into the sitting room where that confusion turned to happiness.

Your eyes scanned the room. All of the household chores you had been meaning to do had been done, even better than your standard, and a delicious aroma was wafting in from the kitchen. You followed the scent and found your favourite meal cooking in the oven. Your eyes filled with tears and you turned to Daisy, who was smiling widely at you.

"Thank you so much, Daisy, but you really didn't need to." She shook her head and placed a finger to your lips. "You don't need to thank me. I wanted to do this. I've seen you struggling trying to juggle everything on your plate. I just wanted to take some of that stress off. It hurts me to see you struggle and I wanted to help you in some way."

You wrapped your hands around her neck and brought her in for a kiss, full of passion and love. You couldn't find the words to tell her how much you appreciate what she's done for you, so you hope that your actions will speak for you.

You broke apart the kiss and rested your forehead on hers. "I love you, Daisy. What on earth did I do deserve you?" She giggled and placed a hand on your cheek, rubbing her thumb over your bone.

"You are the most thoughtful, loving person I have ever met. You deserve this, more than anyone. Now go upstairs and take a long, hot soak. The bath is already done for you. I don't want you fussing over anything. Tonight is all about you, no one else."

You did as you were told and ran up the stairs, stripping off and letting out a sigh of relief as your body melted into the water. The stress of everything melted away as you finally let your body relax and get the rest it needed. You didn't realise that you had fallen asleep until you felt soft pats on your shoulder.

"Y/N, baby. Wake up. Dinners ready." Your eyes fluttered open. Daisy was holding out a towel for you to get into and she led you into your shared bedroom where she had laid out your pyjamas. You sat down on the edge of the bed and she helped you get dressed, soothingly stroking your skin. She helped you get into bed before bringing in your dinner on a tray, neatly laid out with a glass of wine and your favourite flowers. You brought her in for a kiss before she grabbed her dinner and got into bed beside you.

You spent the rest of the night cuddled up with each other, watching your favourite movies. This night is just what you needed and you were so thankful that you had someone as amazing as Daisy in your life.