Untitled Part 4

Requested on Tumblr as part of my 1.5k celebration.

Pairing: FitzSimmons x reader (platonic)

Genre: Fluff, Angst

Characters: Fitz, Simmons, Y/N

T/W: Mentions of depictions of depression, anxiety and panic attacks.

"Good job today, Y/N!"

You smiled and nodded at the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent before entering your room and shutting the door behind you. You flung your bag to the farthest corner and got into bed, covering yourself with the covers. You really didn't believe that you had done a good job at all.

Even though you knew in yourself that what you had done was good, you're mind was telling you something else. Tears began falling down your cheeks as invasive and unwelcome thoughts overwhelmed your mind. You began to panic as your breathing became fast and your chest began to tighten.

You heard a knocking on the door but you couldn't answer, your voice coming out quiet and broken. Somehow though, they knew that you were inside as they opened the door anyway.

"Y/N! Come on, slow your breathing!" Jemma and Leo rushed towards you and cradled you in their arms. Leo began rubbing calm circles into the small of your back as Jemma began talking to you to try and sway your mind.

"What's your favourite food? Mine's something very English, beans on toast!" Jemma laughed hesitantly, hoping you would laugh along. A small smile grew on your face but was soon replaced with grimace. Your breathing was only getting faster and it felt as though your heart was going to jump out of your chest.

Leo then tried something. He wrapped you up in his arms and began to rock you, singing your favourite song into your ear with Jemma holding one of your hands. Slowly, this worked as your breathing and heart beat began to slow down along with the tightening in your chest beginning to disappear.

As soon as you were calm enough, Jemma caught your eyes and gave a small, sad smile. "So, what was that about, hey?" You sat up and put your other hand on top of hers. "I think.. all of my feelings were getting on top of me. When I was praised for doing a good job today, my mind instantly told me that it wasn't good enough. I just feel like I'm broken, like I'm a burden to you guys and the rest of the agents. I just shouldn't be here. S.H.I.E.L.D agents are meant to be strong."

You felt yourself begin to well up as you confessed your inner feelings to your best friends. It was the first time you had heard it out loud. Leo shook his head. "Don't you ever feel like that. You're not a burden and you never will be. You're far from broken, you're perfect just the way you are. You are one of the strongest people I know, battling what you go through every day. But sometimes, you're allowed to be weak, you know. I'm proud of you."

You pulled Leo into a hug and kissed his cheek in thanks. Jemma took hold of your hand again. "We both are." You gave her a heartfelt hug before wiping your eyes. "Thank you guys, it means so much to me; how much support you have given me. You truly are the best friends in the world."