Nineteen

(A drawing I did as an apology for updating a week late 😌)

Pools of death stare into my soul, so piercing I feel I have almost died from meeting their gaze. The eyes of a killer, I'm a killer so why do they discern me so? I could have never imagined the fear these eyes would invoke upon me. I can almost still feel the ripping of the tendons in my wrist, the snap my bones made as my hand disconnected from my body. How the blood felt gushing from my wound, still warm. And his eyes connected with mine unwavering, no hesitation as he plucked my hand from my wrist, as if picking a flower on a clear summer day. He was so unbothered by this I almost didn't realize what I had just lost. He just stared, blank faced. I was of no value, a mere weed in his world.

I jolt awake, my breathing quickening intensity. Stop it Y/n it's stupid to get so worked up about something that took place in the past. But I can't stop, every night I lie awake fearing what images my mind will create in my sleep. I wish I could rip out my brain, and finally get a full night of rest. Of course this is impossible but nice to think about, if I didn't have a brain I would have no emotion, that would make everything so much more simple. I also would have no control over myself and be dead, lovely. I sit up from my bed and rub my temples, a migraine slowly beginning to set in. Groggily, I slump over to my bathroom and splash cold water on my face. I look up and see my reflection, have I been replaced with a damned corpse? We will never know. I try putting a cold spoon on my face to reduce the puffiness, I don't know I heard it helps or something. Then, I dress and head to work. I'm so done with this day already, can I just sleep all day please?

---------------------------------------

I'm so tired, the auction is nearing closer and closer, meaning more work for me. I unlock my new apartment door and head inside. Luckily, with the amount I'm being paid I can afford a very classy (if I do say so myself) apartment.

(Would have preferred more of a dark academia style but I couldn't find that🙄)

Sighing I flop down onto my couch, I'm exhausted. All of my muscles finally hang loose after the stressful day of toil. I roll to my back, extending my right arm to the ceiling. I stare at my metal flesh, I hate how it looks, I hate how it feels. Why can't I just acknowledge the lack of it and move on with my life? Why does it haunt my thoughts, when will this hell cease? I pull my arm to my chest, cradling it as if it's the most precious thing in the world. Although my hand is placed at my breast I cannot detect my heartbeat, I can't feel anything, for it is merely an empty shell of steel. No life, just metal. I close my eyes, feeling my lip begin to quiver, but nothing comes from my eyes. Dammit, please just let me cry, I haven't let go in years. Please, let me banish the years of pain. But no, my eyes stay dry. Crying is a sign of weakness, I won't let myself break.

Crack

What the hell?

Crack

Crack

Oh my fucking god, I meet eyes with a little creature peeking over the edge of my couch.

"Um hi?"

At these words it raises its head just slightly, it's a raccoon, the hell? I stand up, looking around, only to find at least ten raccoons who have somehow managed to get into my fridge. Why are there raccoons in my apartment? I live in the middle of the city how is this possible!

"Can you leave," I say to the raccoons, this is so stupid, talking to raccoons Y/n?

They just hiss at me and continue on eating my food. What should I do? How did they even get in here? I decide to call the owners of the apartments, I mean what else am I supposed to do? Sing to them and hope they follow me outside, I think not.

---------------------------------------

A few hours have gone by. I have no clue how the raccoons could have gotten into my apartment, but apparently they've been living my attic for what looks like at least four months. Also why did no one ever tell me I had an attic, why? So they're kicking me out of my apartment for three days to deal with the raccoons. Yes, three days, where am I going to stay? Sleep under park benches and hope not to be killed? Well I could stay in a hotel I guess, they just sketch me out. This pisses me off so much, I start cursing to myself, this day couldn't get any worse.

I look up meeting someones grey irises. Oh great what is he doing here?

"What are you doing here?" I question, looking at Kurapika.

"I live here, what are you doing here?" He inquires, unlocking his apartment door.

"Well I live here too, how have I never noticed you here. We live five doors apart,"

"Strange," He opens his door, "Whats the matter, why are you speaking such profanity."

I shift around, "I got kicked out of my apartment,"

Kurapika gives me a judgmental expression, "What did you do?"

"Oh nothing like that! Raccoons just somehow got into my attic and started eating my food blahblahblah-"

"I'm sorry, raccoons?" Kurapika says, looking flabbergasted.

"Yeah sir, there was a 'coon infestation," I say in a country accent,

"Why are you talking like that Y/n," He says, sighing at my strange change in dialect.

"Just for fun, but yeah I have to find somewhere to stay for a few days while they take care of it," I say whilst tapping my foot, "I just don't know where to stay, of course there's always a hotel but they always sort of smell and sketch me out. Not to mention one time me and Hisoka were staying at one and someone broke into our room, they wanted to kill him or something so he-"

"You're rambling Y/n, why not just stay with me?"

What.

"Theres no need for that blondie I'd just feel bad," I say,

"I insist, there's no need to feel bad. Come in and make yourself comfortable," Kurapika states, gesturing me to follow him inside, leaving before I have the change to argue further.

It would be stupid not to take his up his offer right? So I decide to take his invitation and follow him in, noticing how his apartment smells like him, soothing. Hem, that's kind of creepy stop it.

"Nice apartment," I say breaking the few seconds of silence,

"It's the same as yours," He says, walking over to his fridge picking up something and drinking it.

Shit it is just like mine, I was just trying to be nice god damn, "Oh haha you're right."

"I'm going to visit the store quick, I'll be back shortly," Kurapika says, opening the door, exciting.

Well that was sort of awkward, I'm glad I have somewhere to stay now though. I sit down on his couch, this will be interesting. How am I supposed to talk to him normally when my heart flutters so when he's near?

What have I gotten myself into.

---------------------------------------

Y/n caught in 4k 📸

Also just wanted to note that when Y/n says "She'll never break" and then there's a crack (which is of course the raccoons) but I thought it was kinda symbolic and wanted you to notice shdklsk im so dumb

Sorry for this being a week late! You all were all so understanding and kind about it, literally love you all to bits.

Drink some water dolls, and have a lovely rest of your day or night!