Nine

The last phase.

I'm actually kind of sad the Hunter Exam is coming to a close. I made some of my closest friends here, and I don't know if we'll see each other much after this. I'm really going to miss them. I also don't want to admit it but I'm nervous for going after Illumi. I quickly push this thought to the back of my mind, no don't be silly Y/n. Now, time to focus on the last phase.

I turn my attention to the Chairman, "The rules for the final battle are simple. All weapons are allowed, you must get your opponent to surrender, and not kill them.  If you kill your foe, you will immediately fail the exam." The chairman explains. 

We are all assigned our opponent. Gon will be battling Hanzo, I am extremely nervous about this. With nervousness in my stomach I walk towards the wall with Leorio and Kurapika.

The battle begins. 

Gon immediately jumps, Hanzo quickly follower striking Gon the ground. I watch in horror as he hits the ground. I want to reach out to him and help him up, but I'm sure that would be seen as cheating. So I contain my self and continue to watch, clenching my fists. 

"So are you ready to surrender?" Hanzo, smirks.

"NO." Gon yells,

 I smile, he's so stubborn, sadly that could be his downfall someday. I can barely watch as Hanzo continually strikes Gon down to the floor. But, he just keeps getting up, I just want him to surrender himself so he'll stop being hurt. I know that will not happen. The fight keeps going Gon repeatedly being beaten to the ground.

"I'm going to break your arm if you don't surrender." Hanzo threatens, holding Gons arm.

"NEVER!" Gon screams, and Hanzo immediately breaks his arm in one quick motion. 

I feel Kurapika tense, I look over and see his eyes have turned a beautiful shade of scarlet. I reach out and grab his hand, he turns to me and calms down slightly. We both turn back to look at Gon shivering in pain on the cold marble floor, we clench our hands together shaking with rage. 

"Give u-" Gon kicks Hanzo straight in the gut, causing him to tumble backwards. 

"Hell yeah Gon beat him to a pulp!" I yell,

"Kick him down Gon, KICK HIM DOWN!!!" Leorio yells, pointing at him encouragingly.

They both stand up and Hanzo puts a blade to Gon's head becoming extremely frustrated.

"Surrender now, or do you value your side over your own life!" Hanzo screams in frustration.

Of course he values his pride more, he's Gon after all.

They glare at each other for a few seconds before Hanzo speaks, "I give up, you win."

I immediately feel like the sky has been lifted off my shoulders, Gon of course is persistent that they settle the fight, but Hanzo already surrendered so there was another he could do. 

I lean against Blondies shoulder, "God, that was mentally draining." I sigh,

"It was, but what did you expect Gon was fighting." Kurapika replies, all of his prior rage pretty much subsided. 

"Very true," I laugh, 

"Next battle, Y/n and Hisoka." I hear someone say,

"Alright, I'd better get going." I say, standing up all the way,

I start to walk but Kurapika keeps hold of my hand, "Be careful okay." Kurapika says, looking at me with concern.

"I'll be fine, I'm pretty certain he won't kill me yet." I laugh,