Twenty-Seven

The night air swirls, singing sweet tunes along my skin. Caressing my form it calls to me, let me touch you, let me show you how pure endearment tastes. Long for me and weep when I abandon your breast, I've done it before you know. I'll lick you, I'll adore you, I'll make you show me your soul. And everything will feel right, we were meant to be, you'll say. Then I grow bored, I've slurped your every affection into my heart. You're dry darling, you've become an empty bottle.

I leave you that day.

---------------------------------------

In this moment everything feels right, the soft purring of my motorcycle engine, the cool air rushing through my hair, and the best part, he's here. My secret love. The holder of my heart. Oh, if only I could loosen the feelings hold. I wish he would let my heart go slowly, so slowly I don't realize he's gone until the burning fervor in my chest is entirely missing. My it burns, in the most bittersweet of fashions. For he will never return my love, in fact I can almost feel his hatred of me bubbling at my back. Star-crossed some would dare to say... but I say idiocy. I was not designed to love, that has become blatantly clear. I mean, how could I be meant to have such a thing. My first love despises me, ironic in the worst way.

Time ticks, almost eleven now, and almost to our destination. A buzzing city comes into view, the buildings lights dazzling, making the illusion of a city of only florescent color. And here we are in this beauty to attend an illegal market place. I wish I was here to sip wine and attend a gala, that seems far more appropriate.

Hisoka pulls off into a parking garage, and I follow suit. The air smells damp, and the world turns dark as we drive around looking for a vacant spot. We park, finally.

As I hop off my motorcycle I ask, "Where exactly is this "party", Hisoka?" I glance around, my eyes adjusting to the gloom.

Hisoka turns on his heel gracefully, making eye contact. "Follow me, princess." And with that brief comment he strides forward, so swiftly me and Kurapika have to jog to catch up with him.

We all exit the parking garage, unsure of where Hisoka is taking us. As we walk, we come upon an apartment building and Hisoka ushers us in. He walks up to the desk just inside and rings a little bell. It makes a ting noise. We wait a moment, before a woman is a tight-fitting pencil skirt and blouse saunters out of the back room giggling noisily.

She gives Hisoka a sensational smile, her skin almost glowing. "Hello, how can I help you."

As I study her closer, I feel a sudden wave of shock. My cheeks turn to pink as I swing around so quickly it almost gives me nausea. Oh fuck oh fuck.

Kurapika studies me, as if debating wether to ask about my strange actions. But his curiosity overtakes him and he questions, "What is it?" He quirks his eyebrow.

"Nothing, let it be." I jab, my cheeks still ablaze. Why is she here. How is she here? Perhaps this journey was a horrid mistake. No I can't say that, receiving the scarlet eyes is far more important than... my personal... stuff.  

"Lets get going," Hisoka suddenly says, directly behind me now.

As I shake off my inner banter, I let me eyes wander to the desk and the woman is now gone, I sigh relieved. 

"Come on Y/n, don't keep us waiting," Hisoka says, already at the base of the stairs.

Now up the stairs, we pause outside a door. Hisoka unlatches it with a key, and just- walks inside? I give Kurapika a questioning glance before we both head in. The interior is dead silent, no party in sight.

I glance about the apartment, it's small yet well decorated. "Hisoka, I thought we were heading right to the party?"

"With you looking like that? I think not." He looks me up and down, an expression of distaste lacing his face.

"First of all rude, and second of all this isn't supposed to be some fun outing. We're looking for Kurapika's brethren's eyes."

"Yes, but this is a highly guarded event. Invite only mind you. Do you want to stand out like a sore thumb and potentially get us kicked out?" He walks over to a closet flinging it open, and piling clothes onto his forearm. "He's fine," He says gesturing to Kurapika. "A suit is perfectly normal attire for this sort of thing. You can't look like you've just gotten out of bed for the first time in weeks." He tosses the clothes to me, "Pick something. And then we're leaving."

I groan, walking to where I presume the bathroom is. I latch the door and go about choosing a presentable outfit. All my closet from when I was fifteen I realize, Hisoka really kept all my old clothes. Strangely sweet. I try my best to squeeze into the fabric, quite a hassle I must say. Once done, I fix my hair a bit and head out of the door.

"Ok lets go now," I mumble heading straight for the door. 

---------------------------------------

I let out a tired groan. We've now been standing in line to get into this damn thing for twenty minutes. Yes, twenty fucking minutes. "Hisoka, we have things to do you realize." I say, thoroughly annoyed. "Can't we cut the line or something?"

"We can, if you want to get killed." His eyes gleam hungrily. "These people are some of the strongest I've encountered in ages, I can hardly contain myself." He licks his lips, bloodlust oozing from his every pore. 

I roll my eyes, "Well maybe you want to cut in line- but I suppose I'm fine staying here." 

"Oh trust me doll, if you weren't here it'd be the first thing I'd do."  

We walk the rest of the way to the entrance in silence. Me and Kurapika have hardly exchanged any words since our arrival, and I get it, I really do. But he stares, and stares, and I'm not sure why. Which I normally would not mind, but I cannot tell how he's staring. I don't feel pure hatred, or pure anything, everything he's radiating is so painfully mixed. I try not to overthink it too much, I very well could be imaging it. 

We're finally inside now. 

"Ok, where do we start?" I ask, mainly waiting for Hisoka to answer. 

He smiles, "How about with a drink." And not waiting for either of us to comply, he seats himself at the nearby bar. 

I sigh, exasperated. "Might as well, we don't know where the eyes are." I point at Hisoka. "He does." I glance at Kurapika, he gives a strained nod. So we both take a seat. "One shot of tequila ple-"

"Hey Y/n, long time no see." 

I feel sharp steel pressing firmly against my back. I turn, cautiously. Oh god, it's her. 

"Well you finally found me, Fey." 

---------------------------------------

Me updating two weeks apart? Unheard of. 

Hope ya'll like this chapter!