12. ain't that bad

"Minju oh my god, stop sulking you look ugly." 

"Says the one who's also wearing a long face." 

"Shut up Chaewon." 

"Am I gonna witness a break up part 2021?" 

"Shut up Hitomi!" The two Kims said simultaneously. 

The entire squad of the pretty idiotic besties (Hitomi was the one who came up with the name) went back to their homes feeling betrayed. They lost their money. Again. Their poor allowance? Gone. Energy? Depleted. 

They should've known that something like this would happen. It's Wonyoung and  Yujin that they were talking about here. Minju can't help but sigh. The amount of stress she got from her friends, her friend's enemy's friends (she's kind of close to them now but not Wonyoung), not to mention the feud between those two people. God, she even felt like the competition will never end. 

Thankfully, it did. Only with a result most people never anticipated, except for Hitomi and Hyewon. 

Because the spelling bee competition ended with a draw. And the Kang-Honda tandem bagged the money, that's for sure. 

"I still can't believe it, how come it's a draw?" Chaewon leaned to her girlfriend's shoulder. This girl really be acting as if they weren't on the verge of breaking up seconds ago. 

"Do you seriously want them to spell all the word in existence until the end of time?" Minju snapped back whilst scrolling down her phone. Her timeline is full of interesting things and some are funny as hell. Most of them regarding today's event, also known as the Yujin-Wonyoung battle. 

There is something about walking down the road with her friends entertains Wonyoung. She loves it especially when they're going home. 

"You guys are too loud." She sighed in defeat. 

And now she wishes she rode taxi instead. 

Speaking of taxi, a car pulled over just near them. It's not really a taxi but it's still a car. Minju took her eyes away from the phone and watched how the window slid down, showing the face of the driver. 

Their faces brightened up at the sight.

"Hop on." The driver said, giving them a familiar grin that they all missed. 

"Chaeyeon!"

.

"What's wrong with her? She's been real silent since earlier." 

"She's literally a quiet person ever since she was born into this world what are you on."

Yena gestured a small peace sign with a sheepish smile to Hyewon but she only rolled her eyes.

The three of them walked into a convenience store. Yena of course, picking whatever she likes and making sure that they will leave with Hyewon's wallet being empty. Food is great but it tastes greater when someone else pays for it.

Yujin only grabbed a single triangle kimbap and a soda as her drink. She wasted no time as she headed to the counter to pay.

"Hey, I thought it's her treat today?" Yena asked, her index finger pointing to their other friend who seem to be unbothered with the amount of food she took.

"Who said I'm paying for this?" Yujin exchanged glances with Yena, slowly forming a grin on her face.

"That's the spirit!"

Later on this day, both Yena and Yujin found out Hyewon has another girlfriend. No surprise at this point, their friend is hella pretty and a huge flirt anyway.