13. start*ng ov*r

Yujin was being desperate. She's trying so hard not to cringe at the moment. 

Because why, in most ungracious and not-heavenly manner, is Choi Yena helping her by doing some shit as if this entire deal was a date? 

What's with the flowers and chocolates? What's with the cheesy-ass letter? THE HEART? 

It's not a date. For pete's sake. (Wait, who the hell is Pete again?)

Yujin said it a million times yesterday. She said it loud and clear, enough to get it through their thick heads which unfortunately didn't work based on what she is currently witnessing. Jesus, she only asked an individual obsessed with pink for some lunch and this is what she'll discover in school? 

"You're joking," She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath to process everything as calmly as possible, "Please tell me you're just kidding." Yujin looked at her with desperation in her eyes. 

"Why not? You should make your moves real fast," Yena put her arm on Yujin's shoulder, pulling her slightly, "Jang Wonyoung is really pretty you know," A wink. The audacity of this bitch. And why is Hyewon only giggling at the side like that?

"Fuck off," She pushed off the older girl away from her, "I thought you hated her?" 

"Hated. Past tense. Change is the only thing that's constant in this world, my dear Yujin," Yena had the most annoying grin on her face and Yujin wanted to punch it away, "I believe the only constant in this world is change." 

"Wow, this is the first time I heard such words from you," Hyewon said as she's scrolling through her timeline. Her notifications are blowing up, maybe because one of her banger tweets finally got clout.

Yujin groaned, massaging her temples. How the hell is she friends with them? What a fucking mystery.

And now she's regretting telling her friends everything that happened that day. It was such a horrible idea to let them know that Jang Wonyoung is cool, cute, and pretty all at the same time. 

This time she can't help but cringe. Hard. Oh my god.

She sounded like a whipped person and she wanted to erase it away. 

"Fuck." Yujin muttered under her breath, she can't believe this is happening. 

Driven by panic, she snatched the bouquet of flowers from Yena's grasp and ran towards the nearest trash can. Her pink cheeks slowly becoming more evident as she is starting to notice the look random students were giving her. 

Just ignore them Yujin. Fuck the flowers. Fuck Choi Yena.

"What are you doing?" Shit.

Just right when she's about to throw the flowers, this person shows up. Like really, of all people? Why her?

"...Hey, haha. Good to see you there,"  She quickly hid it on her back. Her sheepish smile showing how awkward she is (once again) towards the student.

The student in question was confused. But she got the hint that Yujin didn't want her to ask further and she respects that.

The Jang Wonyoung doesn't want to bother people and make them uncomfortable. Especially to Yujin. Well— maybe before when they were still-- uhm, strangers? Enemies? But things have changed now and she didn't want to pry.

"Good morning." She greeted back. "Need help?" 

"NO!" her voice cracked. Goddammit Yujin. She clears her throat. "Shouldn't you be heading towards your classroom now?" It was very obvious that she's trying to hide something. But she didn't give a single shit. She'd rather be embarrassed from the weird stares from the bystanders than Wonyoung seeing her holding flowers with a letter (a heart-shaped one at that so fuck Choi Yena once again) in it.