Summer with the Weasleys

Chapter 1: Summer with the Weasleys

The sun rose above the Weasley home. Sunlight creeped through the window in Claire and Ginny's room. The beam of light landed on Claire's face causing her to groan and pull her cover over her head. She couldn't go back to sleep now. She sat up and yawned before she got out of bed. She grabbed an outfit and towel and headed to the bathroom. After showering and changing, she went back to her room and saw that Ginny had just woken up.

"Morning, Ginny." Claire said.

"Morning, Claire. Are you still going to that Muggle Music shop after breakfast?" Ginny asked.

Claire nodded. "Why? You wanna go?"

"Yea. It sounds interesting. What goes on in a music shop, anyway?"

"Well, they play music." Claire said.

Ginny frowned. "I got that much from the name. I'm not Ron."

Claire rolled her eyes. "It's like any old shop in Diagon Alley. Except they sell muggle instruments and muggle music. It's incredible. And It's my safe haven."

"BREAKFAST!" Mrs. Weasley hollered from the kitchen.

Claire and Ginny could hear the boys running down the stairs and they rolled their eyes. They both headed downstairs. When they entered the kitchen, they saw the boys stuffing food in their faces. Claire sat next down to Ron and put some toast and bacon on her plate. She poured herself a glass of milk and began eating.

"Claire, are you in for a game of Quidditch after breakfast?" Fred asked.

Claire shook her head and said, "Sorry, Ginny and I are going to the Muggle Music shop in town."

"What? Why?" George asked.

"Because we can." Claire said.

" 'at's s' 'pecial about' a 'uggle 'sic shot?" Ron asked, his mouth full of food.

"I'm sorry Ron can you repeat that, I don't speak idiot." Claire teased.

Ron glared at her before swallowing his food and saying, "I said what's so special about a muggle music shop?"

"Well, what's so special about Quidditch? You guys use that as an escape from the world while I use music to do that." Claire said. "And besides, Ginny and I are the only girls, besides Mrs. Weasley of course, in this house and as much as we enjoy spending time with you we need time to be girls."

And with that Claire and Ginny put their dishes in the sink and went upstairs.

"Girls are weird." Ron said.

"You're one to talk!" Claire shouted.

"How'd she even hear me?" Ron questioned.

Ginny and Claire came downstairs all dressed in muggle attire. They said goodbye before leaving to go to the music store. Claire and Ginny soon arrived in the muggle town. Ginny was amazed by it but Claire wasn't seeing as she had been here numerous times before.

"What's that? Oh, look at that!" Ginny exclaimed, pointing at various objects.

"Shh!" Claire grabbed Ginny's arm to keep her from pointing at things. "If you keep doing that you'll drawing attention to yourself!"

"Sorry." Ginny said sheepishly. "So, where's this shop?"

At that moment, Claire stopped outside of a brown building with different instruments on display in the glass display cases. The sign above the store read, "Treble and Bass". Claire motioned for Ginny to follow her inside. When Ginny was inside the shop,her mouth dropped opened. The store was huge! There were guitars, drums, basses, pianos, sound equipment and many other various musical items.