Distractions, Duels, and Dilemmas

Chapter 10: Distractions, Duels, and Dilemmas

Hermione woke up the next day to see Claire wasn't in her bed. In fact, Claire had never come in the night before and it was evident with the untouched covers and pillows on Claire's bed. Hermione changed into some new clothes and went down to the common room to see Claire asleep on the couch. She went over to Claire and gently shook her awake.

"Claire, wake up." Hermione said.

Claire woke up and saw Hermione. She yawned.

"Oh, good morning, Hermione," Claire said. "I must've fallen asleep on the couch last night."

Hermione noticed that Claire looked even paler than she did the day before.

"Claire, you look awful!" Hermione said.

"Geez, that's the nicest thing you've said to me Hermione." Claire said sarcastically.

"You need to go see Madam Pomfrey." Hermione said, well more like ordered.

"Fine, I will," Claire said. "But I'm going to go change first."

Claire went upstairs to the girls' dormitory and changed into a pair of jeans and a long-sleeved red shirt. She brushed her hair and pulled on her combat boots before going downstairs. Ron was now downstairs with Hermione.

"Blimey, Claire!" Ron said. "You look horrible!"

"Yea, yea, so I've been told," Claire said. "You two say the nicest things to me. I'm going to Madam Pomfrey. I'll bring Harry back with me."

"Alright, we'll be in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom starting the potion. So, when you're done at the hospital wing just meet us there." Hermione said.

"Ok, see you two later," Claire said.

Claire left to go to the hospital wing. When she entered the hospital wing, she went to Madam Pomfrey. Claire didn't even have to speak because the moment Madam Pomfrey saw Claire she gasped.

"Oh, dear, you're deathly pale. Are you experiencing any other symptoms?" She asked.

"Well, I occasionally get headaches, I'm not sleeping very well, and my memory has been a bit fuzzy." Claire said.

"Hmm, well, why don't you just stay here. I think you may be getting a cold. I'll go get the potion you need just wait here." Madam Pomfrey disappeared to find the potion for Claire.

Meanwhile, Claire spotted Harry in his bed who had just woken up.

"Good morning, Harry." Claire greeted him walking toward him.

"Morning, Claire. What are you doing here?" Harry asked.

"Hermione forced me to come. She says that I look sick and needed to visit Madam Pomfrey." Claire said.

Harry noticed Claire's pale skin and the dark circles under her eyes as though she hadn't been getting much sleep.

"Well, no offense, but you definitely don't look well." Harry said.

"Don't worry about me though, Harry," Claire said. "I'm not the one who had their bones removed from their arm. By the way how did the whole regrowing bones thing go?"

"Madam Pomfrey definitely wasn't lying about it being painful…"Harry said. "Where are Hermione and Ron? I have something to tell you three."

"Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, they're starting the potion." Claire said. "What do you have to tell us? Do you know when you're allowed to leave?"

Suddenly, Madam Pomfrey came over.

"Oh, Ms. Smith, here's a Pepperup Potion. If the symptoms continue or worsen then please come back, ok?" Madam Pomfrey instructed and Claire nodded in response.