Sick of Slytherins

Chapter 6: Sick of Slytherins

The first week of school went by pretty fast. It was now Saturday morning, Claire was woken up by Hermione as usual. They went down to the Great Hall and saw Ron eating his normal amount of food.

"Morning, Ron. Where's Harry?" Claire asked.

"Quidditch Practice." Ron said

"Oh, did he just leave?" Claire asked.

Ron shook his head. "No, Wood came into our dorm about six in the morning telling Harry about earlier morning Quidditch practice."

Claire glanced at the clock on the wall of the Great Hall. It was nine o' clock.

"It's been three hours and they're still not done?" Claire questioned.

"Wood's like that. That's probably why our team is the best." Ron said.

"Let's go bring him some breakfast." Claire said.

They agreed. Claire said she would grab the food while Hermione and Ron headed towards the Quidditch Pitch. Hermione and Ron had left already while Claire wrapped a few pieces of toasts and bacon in a napkin and grabbed a bottled of water. She was about to climb the bleachers at the Quidditch Pitch when she heard someone calling her.

"Smith!" Claire turned around and frowned at the person. It was the transfer student Jason Saxton. He ran towards her.

"Oh, it's you." Claire said annoyed.

"I detect a hint of annoyance in your tone." Jason replied.

"Oh, so you do have a brain? Fantastic! Now, leave me alone. I'd rather not waste my time talking to you." Claire said starting to walk away.

Jason caught up to her and grabbed her arm stopping her.

"Look we got off on the wrong foot at the bookshop." He began. "I'm not all bad."

"Ha! That's hilarious! You should really consider becoming a comedian. Now let go of my arm." Claire glared at him.

"No, not until you hear me out." He said. "How about we start over? I just want to be friends."

"Funny, that's the last thing I want to be." Claire retorted. "Now-let-go-of-my-arm."

"No-"

"What's going on here?!" They turned to see Harry coming towards them. Jason immediately released his grip on Claire's arm and walked away. Harry finally reached Claire.

"What did he want?" Harry asked. "Why was he holding onto your arm?"

Claire waved her hand dismissively. "Don't worry about. Anyway, Hermione, Ron, and I brought you breakfast."

Claire handed the water and food wrapped in the napkin. Harry smiled appreciatively.

"Thanks. Where's Ron and Hermione?" He asked, eating a piece of toast.

"They're in the stands. Come on." They climbed the bleachers and found Hermione and Ron. Hermione and Ron saw them and greeted them.

"Did you just finish?" Hermione asked.

Harry shook his head. "No, Wood just let us have a five minute break. And it's a good thing he did. I caught that Durmstrang kid and Claire together."

"What?" Ron and Hermione turned their attention to Claire.

Claire groaned. "Not like that, you nitwits. What Harry means is that Saxton and I were having a conversation. He grabbed my arm and wouldn't let go. Harry came over and Saxton left end of story."