Diaries and Valentines

Chapter 12: Diaries and Valentines

Hermione spent the next several weeks in the hospital wing recovering from the failed Polyjuice Potion attempt. The break had ended and students were back at Hogwarts. Claire, Harry, and Ron would stop by the hospital wing each day to drop off Hermione's homework. Ron said if he was stuck in the hospital wing he wouldn't be doing his homework. Hermione replied, "Don't be silly, I've got to keep up."

"I don't suppose you've got any new leads?" Hermione added in a whisper so that Madam Pomfrey couldn't hear her.

"Nothing," Harry said gloomily.

"I was so sure it was Malfoy," Ron said, for about the hundredth time.

"Well, it wasn't," Claire said. "However, we never really found out information on Saxton."

"Why exactly did we ever think Saxton could be the person behind this?" Ron said.

"Think about it," Claire said. "He shows up here during second year out of the blue from a Dark Arts school and next thing we know people are being attacked and the Chamber of Secrets has been opened."

"What's that?" Harry asked Hermione, pointing to something gold sticking out from under Hermione's pillow.

"Thanks for listening," Claire muttered sarcastically.

"Just a get well card," Hermione said hastily, trying to poke it out of sight, but Ron was too quick for her. he pulled it out, flicked it open, and read aloud:

"To Miss Granger, wishing you a speedy recovery, from your concerned teacher, Professor Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-time winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award."

Ron looked up at Hermione, disgusted.

"You sleep with this under your pillow?"

But Hermione was spared answering by Madam Pomfrey sweeping over with her evening dose of medicine. Claire, Harry, and Ron went to the Gryffindor common room. They sat around the fireplace; Ron and Harry doing their potions homework while Claire was writing in her diary.

I just visited my friend Hermione in the hospital wing. She looks a lot better now. I suspect she'll be out by Feburary.

That's good that your friend's alright.

Yea, thankfully Madam Pomfrey didn't ask too many questions as to why she looked like a human cat. The only good thing about the whole Polyjuice situation was that we found out that Malfoy wasn't the Heir of Slytherin and didn't open the Chamber of Secrets. However, now we're back to the drawing board.

Do you have an idea of who it is?

Well, I think Saxton did it. I mean I think it's really suspicious that he all of a sudden comes to Hogwarts and then these attacks start happening.

That is strange.

Tom, do you happen to know anything about the Chamber of Secrets?

I do.

Really?!

Yes.

"Harry, Ron," Claire said.

They turned their attention towards her.

"I think I know where we can find more information on the Chamber of Secrets." Claire said.

"Where?" Harry asked.

Claire held up her diary.

"Your diary?" Ron said puzzled. "How would your diary be able to tell us stuff about the Chamber of Secrets?"