Chapter 8

"What about my family? My job?" his hand reaches up to caress your cheek and you nuzzle back into him.

"You can come home whenever you need, maybe they could even join us in some sunnier locations? Money is no object. You won't need a job for as long as you're with me, I can buy you anything you desire, take you anywhere you want to go. Please just say you'll come or at least think about it?" he pleads. You take a deep breath and try to think straight. You are being offered the world... literally... but at what cost.

"I can't just rely on you for everything, we barely know each other, I could never owe someone that much. I need to have a job, be able to support myself... it's not that I don't want to go with you, this just doesn't make any sense."

"Fine, maybe you could have a job on the team? That would be enough to support you as we travel and would keep you from getting bored when I'm busy. I'm just not ready to say goodbye yet" he pulls you into his chest and buries his nose in your hair "please think about it, we have two more concerts here before we move on and I'd love for you to be on the next flight with me."

The drive to the train station is quiet. You spend the majority clinging to Namjoon while you could and weighing up your options. The solitary train journey home did nothing to help your inner turmoil subside. All the considerations bouncing around in your head.

1. You can't speak Korean

2. You are not trained to work on a concert team

3. Your family is at home

4. Your job is at home

5. Namjoon is not at home

6. This is the chance of a lifetime

7. This is insane

The same thoughts rotate around your mind well into the night. You toss and turn getting very little sleep. Your phone lights up the darkness of your room at around 7

Namjoon💜: Good morning princess, I just wanted to tell you I miss you, and no pressure about your decision.

You feel your chest swell at the message. He is just so thoughtful. Still it's a big decision and you will yourself not to take it lightly, as much as your heart longs to follow him around the world.

Y/N: Good morning, have a great day 😘

You switch off your phone and sigh, resigning yourself to get up and go back to work.

It's a long day and you find yourself daydreaming at your desk more than anything else. Work has piled up in your absence and you can't bring yourself to complete it. Everything just seems so mundane when you know what you could be off doing. By the time you get home that evening you're resolved to tell your friends and family you're leaving. You decide to tell them you've accepted a job abroad rather than admit to the fact you were leaving them for a boy none of them had ever met. They took it remarkably well all things considered. Of course, they were sad you'd be leaving but many of them, just expressed their pride and wished you well. It really cemented in your mind that this was the right decision. As soon as you'd finished making the rounds to various family members houses you called Namjoon.

"Y/N" he answered cheerily "What do I owe the pleasure of hearing your beautiful voice this evening?" his cheesy manner made you giggle.

"I'm coming"

"You're coming?!" his voice raises a couple of octavesin excitement. "She's coming!" you hear him yell in triumph on the other end."I'm gonna come get you, the day after tomorrow, right before we leave, beready." He speaks so quickly you barely catch what he is trying to tell you."Baby, I have to go on stage now, but I'm so happy, I can't wait to see youagain" he hangs up the phone and you lie back on your bed, ecstatic with yourdecision.