Chapter 14

After lunch, feeling thoroughly refreshed, he takes you back on the rides. This time you start on smaller rides like Peter Pam and Winnie the Pooh. Tiny little rides really, but great fun all the same. Until you find yourselves on Pirates of the Caribbean. A ride he promises you is perfectly fine, no big bumps, no fast rollercoasters... just a great little boat ride.

He lied.

It starts out great. The boat trucks along a track hidden by the dark water as you go on an adventure through caves filled with pirates and projection effects. Water splashes around you but none anywhere actually near you. The ride is so close to being over by the time it happens you are completely surprised and engrossed in the attraction. It spins you suddenly and you're going backwards, a squeak escapes your lips as you cling to Namjoon unprepared for the gain in speed. He chuckles as your eyes widen in fear the boat steadily rising up a hill. It pauses briefly at the top before crashing back down level with the exit to the ride.

It takes a moment for you to regain your breath unwilling to detangle from Namjoon's bicep despite the fact that you also kind of want to hit him. The boat pulls to a stop in front of the gates and the bar releases you from the god forsaken vehicle. Joon pulls the two of you up and back on to dry land, revelling in the feeling of you so close. He apologises for the shock, claiming ignorance to the harsh end... the smirk on his face suggesting otherwise. You pout, jutting your lower lip out as far as it'll go and bat your eyelashes at him.

"AW come on, you're telling me you didn't like thrill just a little bit?" he says, bringing his hand up to pull at your lip, before leaning into kiss the scowl away. You harrumph back at him, and he knows he's got you. It was fun, you were just caught off guard. "Let's go to the gift shop, you can pick out any ears you like to make up for it." He kisses you again, then takes your hand in his and leads you back towards the big shop on main street.

If anything the shop is more overwhelming than the park itself. The cacophony of colours alone sends you spinning, so many things to look at, but Joon said ears so that's where you head. The entire back wall of the shops first section (It's split into six) is covered in mickey ears, at least 40 different patterns and designs... this could take a while. You peruse each pair carefully, wanting the perfect set to commemorate your visit.

Namjoon leans back against a display watching you closely as you run your hands across sequins and satin. He drinks you in, eyes following your curves. Anyone paying attention would see the predatory glare and be more than a little concern. But you aren't paying attention, and neither is he. He fails to notice his choice of perch is mounted on wheels. Both he and the display go flying to the ground when he tilts just a little bit too far.

You whip around as the crash silences the store. Namjoon's laying in a heap, tangled in lanyards and necklaces. You can't help but giggle after seeing he is unhurt. He just looks so annoyed. You extend your hand to help him up only to have it batted away as he pushes himself off the floor.

"You didn't have to laugh." He snaps dusting himself off. You feel the heat in your cheeks at being called out. You hadn't meant to laugh, you actually thought he might laugh it off with you... You busy yourself tidying the mess he made. He lugs the stand back up and you hang the merchandise back where it belongs. You refuse to look at him still, twisting the little trinkets and feigning interest in each one and trying to stop the tears gathering on your waterline from spilling. It's so pathetic that such a small thing upset you, but you can't stand the thought of making someone sad. You'd never dealt well with being told off, raised voices made you uneasy. Namjoon lets out a long sigh and snakes his arm around your waist pulling you close.

"I'm sorry babe, I didn't mean to... I was worried I might've drawn too much attention to us, I don't want to upset you." He turns his hat out of the way and presses his forehead to yours. "Forgive me?" he leans forward and kisses the tip of your nose as you sniffle. You tilt your face upwards when he goes to kiss your nose again, meeting his lips with your own, taking comfort from the affection he so willingly gave. "Good, now pick your ears, and maybe some other goodies... I'm just going to run to the bathroom. Don't go too far." With one last kiss to your cheek, he disappeared through the shop. You wiped the unshed tears away and went back to the task at hand.