210425

synopsis // attack on brooklyn
bridge

After staying up all night trying to put the clues together, Jeongguk has finally figured out what it is that Dr. Ock wants. These attacks are not random, but they aren't exactly planned either. All with the purpose of a simple goal, but still dangerous. He wants to destroy Spiderman.

Why would someone be so hell-bent on killing someone with the purpose of good? Jeongguk doesn't know the exact origin to Dr. Octopus' vendetta, it could stem from many things. Jealousy is the first that comes to mind. The fact that there is this guy, kid, with special abilities. Makes him more superior than the human race, as some people see it.

Jeongguk has never seen his gift as that way though. For the longest time, he felt it was a burden.

"Hey! We can talk this out you know!" Jeongguk yells, zipping past several buildings. Dr. Octopus still has the lead, but Jeongguk is sure he can still hear him through the mask. "Maybe not try to blow up something again?"

"You talk too much Spiderman." The other man says, before coming to a slow. From here, they have a great view of the city. Normally this would be a spot where Jeongguk would stop and admire, but the stakes of this meet-up between him and the doctor make the view of his beloved city that much more grim. Dr. Octopus will do anything to destroy Spiderman, even if it means burning Brooklyn with him.

"All of my years as a researcher, as a scientist, have proven that someone like you should not exist. You are genetically impossible!"

"Yeah," He shrugs. "I get that a lot."

"The impossible should not exist. I'm doing a service to humanity. They bow and worship you like dogs, when all you are is a menace and a threat to society." His robotic tentacles rise. "And if the they don't see that, they'll burn with you."

There's a distant boom, he turns to the direction of the sound. It came from the bridge. Without so much of a thought, Jeongguk does not hesitate to jump over the roof ledge. The swing is quick, and though he had Dr. Octopus right there, the timing was great too, the civilians' safety always came first. It was the code he set for himself.

He can see it from up above, a crack shimmying through the thick layers of metal holding the bridge together. Already he can hear the berserk and panicked cries of the people on the bridge, what is the most frustrating is how his usually fast brain is slow to think of a way to slow the break.

His hands work faster as it seems, webs flying to keep the beams together from falling. Jeongguk snatches children from cars, leaving them on the mainland, helping as many people as he can. For the most part, people have ditched their vehicles, rushing the rest of the way to respective ends of the bridge. His webs are barely keeping it intact, any small movement could probably cause the entire thing to collapse.

"Yay Spiderman!" One distant voice says from the other side. "He saved us all!"

A couple of other cheers resound, along with the applause. Normally Jeongguk would be happy to receive the praise — it always feels good to succeed in something that could have very well killed him and the other people around him, who doesn't love being a hero — but that moment is very short lived when the momentum created from the cheers cause the flimsy construction of his spiderwebs to snap.

One is enough, for the others start breaking on their own. The unsettling rumble of bridge continues, and faster than Jeongguk's spider sense can react, the Brooklyn Bridge breaks in half, causing him to tumble down to the intimidating blue of the East River.