210502

synopsis // climate change
is a scam!

Somehow the five have resettled back into their normal routine of eating lunch together. A key thing to know is that they tend to just not talk about arguments that have occurred in the past as an attempt to move on with them. Kit screaming at him after the talent show was definitely on the extreme end, which is why he had been wary about where he stood with her. But in contrary to his over-analyzation, the trio of Siamese cats seem to be on neutral ground with him now.

"Pretzels taste awful." Kit chimes. "Especially the ones in the store. Don't know how you guys will eat that willingly. It feels like prison food."

"You're gonna' get cancelled one day for saying that." Hyebi responds, pointedly popping her chocolate dipped pretzel into her mouth. Kit's still unamused, resting her head into the crook of her elbow.

"Cancelled? For what, I'm never going to be famous."

"I wonder if Spiderman likes pretzels." Katie wonders. Ever since he saved her dad at the labs, she's been weirdly obsessed with the superhero.

"Spiderman probably doesn't like pretzels." Jimin suggests, knowing well that Jeongguk does not like pretzels. "Maybe he likes the soft ones from Auntie Anne's."

"That would make sense if he did." Jeon adds in, glancing at Park. "Those hit so hard."

"You seem to know Spiderman pretty well." Kitanna comments, Jimin almost spits out his soda. She arches a brow at him while he coughs furiously.

"A boy can fantasize, Kitanna. Sometimes I also like to think of my savior in those red and blue tights."

"He hasn't even saved you before."

"Saved me in my dreams."

"You're such a weirdo."

Though Jeongguk is physically present with the other four, mentally he is not. He's been trying to think of the perfect time to spring a surprise attack on Dr. Octopus, and get that man's ass handed over to S.H.I.E.L.D. where he clearly belongs, but every time he tries to do so, it never works out. Jeongguk needs enough time to actually go find him, execute the plan, and be able to come back before his aunt finds out he's been missing.

Biting his lip, the boy glances across the table at the other sitting to him. It takes Jimin a second, but he looks back. The stare is clear; check your phone dimwit.

jeongguk
i'm gonna go now

jimin
right now????

jeongguk
yea can u cover for
me so it's not weird

jimin
how tf am i supposed
to do that

jeongguk
idk

jimin
....

jimin
k please be safe

jeongguk
ok

jimin
love u 🥰🤰🏻

"I think climate change is a scam." Jimin states, slamming his palm onto the table. The abrupt noise startles Hyebi, who had been close to dozing off next to his arm.

"Says the president of environmental club?" Kit looks more than confused now, normally this situation would make him laugh, but this is clearly Jimin's distraction, so Jeongguk takes the cue to leave out the back.

"Oh yeah. It's like college board girl. They push this agenda that the earth is dying so that we can defund the government."

"That makes absolutely no sense." Katie says this time, sitting more straight. "Is the coke kicking in now?"

He points at her. "Jail."

"I don't think the earth is dying. They just want us to plant more trees so that more industries can chop them down and make more money."

"Everything you're saying makes no sense." Hyebi grumbles. "It's giving me a headache. Just shut the fuck up please."

"Hey, where'd Jeongguk go?" Katie glances around. "Swore he was just here."

"Think he said something about portfolio check-in." Jimin says quietly, before slumping down next to Hyebi in attempt to end the conversation. Unbeknownst to him, Kit takes one glance at him, then the door which Jeongguk had used to exit.

The act had been cute, but she saw through the entire thing.