7.

Chiara Rossi.

After about twenty minutes, we arrived on the other side of New York in front of a large hotel that belonged to the Castellano family. My driver of the day told me that as soon, as my eyes lifted up at the sight of the building which screamed luxury and modernity.  Marco, then,  had parked the car in the private parking and helped me getting out of the car. I smiled at him as if to thank him for his help and got out of the car.

A few moments later, two other men dressed in black Armani suits joined us.. The two men took my bags, without saying a word, and waited for Marco and I to enter the building before following us. I was not feeling very comfortable around these two but once I again I kept it to myself. 

We rapidly reached a luxurious penthouse, poorly decorated as if the person who lived there had not had the time to arrange, to personalize the place. Everything was sober, empty and without life in the image of the men who were with me.

"Maria will show you to a room and Angelo will bring you your things in the meantime try not to touch anything." Marco had spoken before calling the pre-named Maria. He then turned to one of the two men and motioned for him to take my luggages and take them upstairs.

I did not ask any question as I was only content to follow the woman who had just appeared. She did not speak either and just showed me the way to a huge room. It was white and bright but again empty. Such a shame, to not personalized such a beautiful room.

"I have prepared a bed for you Signorina Rossi, if you need me I will be downstairs, just call me."Maria sketched a smile before discreetly retreating. I smiled back at her before turning to the window and looking out at the view. I didn't know what to do, or what to think about this strange day and I didn't feel safe. 

Lorenzo Castellano.

While Chiara was getting ready I had received a message from her brother telling me that we had a little problem with Sergio. He had managed to escape before he was even imprisoned in the warehouse. This bad surprise made me angry and I wanted to go there and hunt him down since the men of our mafia were incompetent. With Sergio on the loose, there was a risk of being attacked again at any time, and if there is one thing I don't like, it is surprise attacks.

But of course, I couldn't go there immediately because I had committed myself to Chiara to protect her and knowing that she was the daughter of my father's most important collaborator I couldn't abandon her. So I asked Marco, in spite of myself, to keep an eye on her and to keep her at my place until I could find a solution.

I had spent most of the evening and night trying to find Sergio, but nothing, we found nothing. I had checked the cameras of the city, the port, the hospital, but Sergio had vanished.It was like I was chasing a ghost. 

So, we had put all our men in search of Sergio, dead or alive he had to pay for the disrespect he had shown to my family. I wanted him fast and alive because it was much more satisfying to torture an enemy than to give him a quick and painless death.

Vincenzo had joined me and we discussed what we needed to do to secure our own empire, our relatives and also how we were going to track down the imposter. Soon, the conversation shifted and I found myself telling him what had happened with the surgeon. Vincenzo seemed more than surprised that she was the target of an intrusion because according to him, she had never appeared on the radar of the people of our world. Gianni Rossi, an Italian diplomat and businessman, had always managed to hide his daughter's existence from our world.And, with that said the situation was far from good. 

However, it seemed that she had to be known by someone and this person had a head start on us.

"Keep her under your surveillance Lorenzo, don't let anyone near her. If anything happens to her, we are dead so find out who broke into Rossi's daughter's house before it spreads."He was definitely right but I was not a babysitter nor a detective and there was no way I was going to keep an eye on her, someone else would have to do it. She may have saved my brother but that was the end of it.

After this interlude, we continued our search until the early morning. And when I got home, I was surprised to see no one. No Marco, no Angelo and especially no Chiara. I searched everywhere but nobody seemed to be there even Maria was untraceable.

A  few minutes later, Marco made his entrance and when he noticed me his smile faded away -as if he was surprised to see me.

"Where is she?"

"At the hospital, I just brought her back, Chi' has operations scheduled today so I dropped her off at work."

"Chi' has surgeries scheduled today" I repeated, imitating his voice. Marco was becoming friends with people too quickly, that's why it doesn't surprise me that he already found a nickname for her. It only pissed me off. 

"Pathetic Marco, I asked you not to let her out of here until I got home. "

"Relax, Angelo and Lucio are around, they're keeping an eye on her."

"I don't want to know my orders are my orders."

"She has to take care of Leo, that's why I let her go so your orders Capo, don't work when we're talking about your brother's life.Sometimes I wish you were less an asshole Lorenzo."He was right about that but my pride prevented me from telling him and I headed to the bathroom to shower and change. I had a long day ahead of me and I needed to feel refresh.