Chapter 5- Don't leave me.

Chapter 5- Don’t Leave Me.

I run up to the astronomy tower and burst through the door. Hermione doesn’t even turn to look at me. She tightens her grip on the railing and I’m tempted to run to her, but I don’t want to scare her. Biting my lip I think about what to say to her to get her to trust me again. It’s obvious she doesn’t right now.  All I can do is stare at her and pray that she doesn’t let go.

“Go away Malfoy.”  She says and I can hear the pain and tears in her voice.

“Don’t do this Hermione.” I plead.

“What do you care? It was all just a game to you anyway.”

“It’s more than that. There’s so much you don’t know.”

“Like what?”

“I can tell you if you just come over to this side of the railing.”

“No.”

“Hermione please.”

“You don’t really care.”

“I do Hermione! I really do care about you!”

“All you do is lie.”

“I’m telling the truth Hermione! What can I do to show you?”

“You can’t do anything.”

“There has to be something. I’ll do anything Hermione.”

“Anything?”

“Yes. Anything.”

“As long as it doesn’t hurt your reputation, right?”

“I don’t give a damn about my reputation right now. I just want you to come over here.”

“You come over here.”

I hesitate, but walk over to her in full view of everyone below. Hermione looks at me and looks at the spot next to her. As carefully as I can, I climb over the railing to sit next to her. She looks at me and scoots closer.

“Do you think you can hold on for both of us?” She asks me quietly.

“I’ll do anything to keep you from getting hurt.” I reply.

She smiles at that and leans over. I’m left breathless as she kisses me. I can feel all of her hurt, but I can also feel how deeply she feels about me now. Smiling into the kiss, I lean closer. My heart almost stops as I feel both of her hands on my face. It makes me clinch the railing tighter knowing that I’m holding on for both us now. Sighing, Hermione pulls away.

“One more thing.” She whispers.

“Anything.” I breathe.

“I want one day with you to myself to ask you anything. You have to tell the truth, no matter what. You can tell me everything that I don’t know.”

“There are some things you might not want to know Hermione.”

“Then I hope you can catch me.”

I grab her hand as she tries to push off. She holds on but looks up at me. Her eyes are begging me to her what she wants. Right now I’m all too willing to do anything. Sighing, I stand up on the small ledge and cup her face in my hands. Hermione’s eyes go wide. Thinking that I must be crazy, I bend down and kiss her with everything I have. When I pull back, she looks at me and is absolutely breathless.

“I trust you completely. There’s a Hogsmeade trip tomorrow. You can have me all to yourself.” I say trying not fall backwards.

“Alright. Will you please get back over the railing?” Hermione asks.

“You first.”

“Emmett.”

“Hermione.”

She rolls her eyes but starts to swing her leg over the railing. My heart stops when she slips and starts to fall. I throw my body between the rails and hold her hand with one of mine while the other clings tightly to the rail. Hermione holds on to my hand and her eyes look like a scared doe’s. With all of my strength, I pull her up and through the railing. Once we’re both safe, I cup her face in my hands.

“Don’t leave me.” I whisper.

“Never.” She breathes and kisses me. We fall onto the brick and lose ourselves for the second time today.