Chapter 8- More to tell

“Morning.” I whisper as Hermione finally wakes up.

“Morning.” She yawns.

I’ve been watching her sleep for a while now. About an hour I think. I’m so used to waking up early that I’m often awake before everyone else. It has it has its benefits though. Hermione’s really cute when she’s sleeping.

“You’ve got some more things to tell me.” Hermione smiles sleepily.

“Yeah. Where was I?” I ask.

“You were at the part where Draco hurt someone younger than you.”

“Oh yeah. Well the next thing after that happened in Diagon Alley. Draco and I were looking at racing brooms and we both really wanted one. Father said he wouldn’t buy us one because first years weren’t allowed to have brooms, so we each stole one when no one was looking. We kept them until our father bought us the Nimbus 2001s. After that we destroyed the other brooms. No one knew about them so they were easy to get rid of.”

I take a deep breath and glance at Hermione before continuing.

“Second year was just one regret after another. Anything between things I said and things I did. Third year was just as bad. That’s the year Pansy and I started  making bets. Fourth year I didn’t care as much, but looking back now I regret a whole lot. This year hasn’t been too bad so far except for the few bets Pansy and I have made already.”

“Do you regret the bet about me?” Hermione asks.

“I regret that it took a bet to make me realize that I love you, but I don’t regret finding out how much I care about you.”

“So are you just going to sleep in here forever?”

“Maybe. I can’t think of anywhere else to sleep.”

“We can talk to Dumbledore. I’m sure he can figure something out.”

“Alright.”

Hermione and I get up and walk towards the Headmaster’s office. I magically put on a shirt before we start walking up the spiral staircase. Before Hermione can knock a voice tells us to enter. I have a weird feeling, but I follow Hermione into the office anyway. Dumbledore is in his office and so is someone else that I don’t recognize.

“Hello Hermione.” The woman says.

“Hello Tonks.” Hermione smiles.

I don’t know what to do so I just stare at my bare feet. I really should start wearing shoes.

“This is the boy I was telling you about.” Dumbledore tells the woman.

I look up and realize that everyone in the room is looking at me. I stare at my feet and blush.

“Professor Dumbledore. We were wondering if different sleeping arrangements could be made for Emmett.” Hermione says and I shake my head.

“I think we can figure something out. As for arrangements outside of school, Tonks can take care of that.” Dumbledore says.

“You’ll be staying with my parents this summer.” Tonks says to me.

“Thank you.” I say.

“No problem.”

“I believe you two can return to your weekend events.” Dumbledore says.

Hermione and I nod and turn to leave.

“I’ll send you a letter notifying you of your sleeping arrangements, Mr. Malfoy.” Professor Dumbledore says.

“Thank you.” I breathe.

Hermione and I exit the office and start walking down the stairs. We’re back at the ROR before we say anything.

“Well that was easy.” Hermione smiles.

“Yeah.”  I agree.

We enter the ROR and proceed to talk for the rest of the day.