PART 6 Like, Ever?

"Maybe this could be something for you too?"

"Nat ... this is not my life" I replied to the sentence she just said.

"It could be? Did you think that I thought this was something for me?" she just responded with a questioning face.

"I appreciate the offer, but from the moment we are sure that Hydra is not after me, I will leave you alone and we can just go back to our old life," I answer with a soft smile.

"if that's what you want ... but in the meantime, you'll still be training with Wanda, okay?" Nat says in a voice that has softened much from earlier.

"yeah, and I missed you too, by the way," I say before I get up from the couch.

"Would it be weird if I would give you a hug?" Nat asked a little uneasily.

"... yes. you legit never gave me a hug in your life" I answered with a confused face.

"I'm trying to be a better sister here asshole," she replied before getting up. "We'll let the other know we didn't kill each other," she said with a laugh as she walked out of the room.

"yet" I responded, before walking with her towards the common room.

It still felt a bit uncomfortable between me and Nat, but no longer hostile and that was the most important thing to me.

When we got to the common room, we saw Tony, Steve, Peter, and Thor.

"surprise, we didn't strangle each other" Nat spoke to the staring group as we walked in.

"Pay up Stark" Steve instantly told Tony.

"did you really bet on us to see if we would kill each other or not?" I questioned the two men who were now exchanging cash.

"among others" Tony replied with a smirk.

"Lady Yn, I'm glad to see you're living if that makes you feel better," Thor spoke in a very formal speech.

"Yeah, thank you thunderstruck" I answered with a genuine smile.

"So, safe to say that the family reunion ended well?" Tony asked us.

"yeah, I almost hit her with a blast but otherwise it ended well" I grinned.

"well, I say, a party in the name of the Romanoffs then" Tony announced, raising his hand.

"No, I don't-" I began to say before being interrupted by Peter.

"It doesn't matter if you like it or not. When Tony says party, there will be a party" he chuckled.

"fine" I sighed in defeat.

"Great, 8:00 pm in the party room, don't be late!" Tony stated before he left the room.

The rest of the group also proceeded with what they were doing, leaving only Peter and me in the common room.

"Hey, uh spiderwebz where's Wanda?" I asked him curiously as I looked around, looking for her.

"Oh, she had to go on a short mission after you guys had trained. She should be back today, why?" he replied kindly as always.

"no reason" I answered. "do you have anything to do right now?" I asked him hoping he would say no because I have absolutely no idea what to do in the meantime until the party.

"um no, not really. Do you want to do something?" Peter asked.

"YES" I answered a little louder than I intended.

"Awesome, I'm glad there's someone around my age on the team. Well, we've got Wanda but, if I'm being honest, I'm a little scared of her," he confessed with a nervous chuckle.

"Oh no, I'm not on the team. I'm just staying here until there is some clarity in my situation." I corrected him. "But Uhm, what do you mean with that you are a bit afraid of Wanda? She doesn't seem so bad" I questioned him curiously about how he could be afraid of someone like her when all she did to me, was being friendly.

I don't know, it's not that she did anything to me or anything. It's more of an intimidation feeling I get from her. "He explained as we walked the halls together.

"well, from the short time I've known her she doesn't seem so bad. I'm sure when you get to know her you will see that too. I mean, That's if you don't say anything bad because then she'll definitely catapult you with just a twist of the wrist." I replied to him with a smile.

"Wow, thank Yn. Very reassuring" Peter responded as he playfully punched me in the arm.

Peter and I were on the roof of the tower. We had been playing this game for a while, where we looked at the people below and made up their life stories. It was actually quite funny.

"See that lady with the blonde hair, fur coat, and Chihuahua coming out of that Dior store?" I asked Peter while pointing down to her.

Peter nodded.

"well that's hmmm ... Claire Du La Fromage and Claire has a very wealthy husband who just happens to be 4 times her age. Yeah, her stepchildren may be older than her but she loves her Donald Du LaFromage so much! #lovehasnoage "I tell her story to him.

"ooh that's good one Yn" Peter laughed. "My turn! Okay uhmmmm ... OH! See that guy with the red cap at that hot dog stand?" Peter asked while pointing to the man.

"Dude, there are literally 3 guys with a red cap at that hot dog stand" I replied laughing.

"The one with the MyLittlePony backpack!" He responded quickly, still pointing.

I nodded.

"Okay, He ..... Tells everyone that the backpack is his daughter's, but actually, he doesn't have a daughter at all. He just has a little fetish with MyLittlePony because of obvious childhood trauma," Peter told as his story.

"damn ... MyLittlePony Trauma that's tough," I said seriously before I laughed.

We kept doing this for a while before Peter got a message from Tony to let us know that we absolutely shouldn't be late for the party.

"guess we should get ready then huh?" Peter announced as he showed me the message.

"ughhhh, I don't want to goooo" I whined as I dropped my head back.

"That's weird, Nat told us this morning that you normally love to party, that it even got a bit problematic at some point?" He said confused while we were waiting for the elevator.

"I admit, I've had my moments when I was in the club a bit...much. But this party is different, I don't want to be in the spotlight, partying on the down-low is better" I explained to him.

"I wouldn't know, I don't go out often," Peter replied as we got into the elevator together.

"Why not? The next thing you're going to say is you've never had a drink," I said jokingly as we stand in the elevator together.

Peter didn't answer and just looked at me with a face that told enough.

"Like? NEVER ??" I questioned him in shock.

"I once tasted beer, but I just really didn't like it," he replied.

"Parker, there are more drinks than beer" i chuckled, "I think this party will suddenly be a lot more fun"