PART 24 Stakeout

I wake up to kisses down my spine and I groan.

"Good morning to you too." She whispers with a slight laugh against my skin. I blindly rollover, refusing to open my eyes and pull her closer into a cuddle.

"Can't we just sleep all day, that's fun" I whisper, my head buried into her hair.

"I wish, but weren't you going to do something with Nat?" Wanda replied, lifting her head. I guess she looks at me, but my eyes are still shut. That party yesterday was too much. Now that everyone knew that Wanda and I are a couple, I may have celebrated it a little too hard. I'm never drinking again. well, at least not today.

"Right ... But that's only by noon" I open an eye and give her a smirk. I crawl over her body and give her a sweet forehead kiss. "We can do a lot in that time".

She suppressed her smile by sticking her lips between her teeth. "Really? Like what?".

"I can-" I gave her a kiss on her cheek "explain that-" I gave another one on the other side. "Or I can show it"

"Yeah. I definitely want you to show me." She replied, her eyes full of desire. I nodded and slide off her to stand up, tugging off her underwear in one go. "Okay, getting right to it huh?" She chuckled before sitting up and taking off her shirt, she pulled at mine which I allowed for her to take off.

-

"What took you so long?" Nat was waiting for me at the door with arms crossed.

"I was busy sorry" I ran my hand through my hair as I walked up to her. "But I'm here now, so let's go"

"Yeah, I bet. Busy with Wanda" She rolled her eyes and smiled before turning around and walking with me out of the tower. "Talking about her, what did you tell her you were going to do?"

"sister bonding, because that is what we're doing" I answer, as I adjusted to the bright sunlight outside the tower. I really need to get out more.

"Yeah, if looking up a Hydra Doctor is sister bonding, sure" She laughed. This is the closest to sister activities Nat and I will be doing, so yes, sister bonding. But then again, I hate lying to Wanda, so maybe I'm just kidding myself to feel less bad. The plan was simple, find the doctor's location, try to have a friendly chat with her, and ask for her help. If she doesn't want to help, convince her a bit more Romanoff style.

"Okay so give me your phone," Nat said while we were in her stationary car, away from the tower. I handed it to her and wanted to tell her the code, but she already got in.

"How did you know that?" I asked confused, my code was just random numbers so that even people who know me, could never guess it. Nat smiled as she connected my phone to the laptop that was put on the dashboard.

"You've been using these four numbers since we were little. You do know they are not random if you just use them all the time?" She looked at me shortly with a raised brow and a smile before starting to work on the laptop.

"Noted." I sigh as I lean against my seat and put it back. "When do you think we'll find her?"

"I already found her" She replied, which immediately made me shoot upright. "ALREADY ??" I question in disbelief, but when I looked at the laptop screen she turned towards me, I saw the proof. A flickering red dot, indicating her. "How did you do that ??"

"I'm just better than you. But like, she's in New York. We can go see her now if you want." She said, looking at me to agree or disagree to go to the doctor right now. I nodded in agreement and Nat started her car again. Following the route to the red dot. It's crazy to think I might get answers now. : Why me and What was in the serum.

We arrived at the location, it was an ordinary street full of row houses. The location was not exactly so we didn't know which house was hers. A stakeout it is. How long could it take for her to come out or walk to her house?

-

Long. Fucking long. It's already getting dark and we haven't even seen her yet. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, judging by her messages she was afraid of Hydra. So getting out of your house is not the first thing you think about then.

"Tell me about that doctor," Nat asked, her eyes never stopping with looking around.

She was different from the others. She cared about how I was instead of getting a kick out when I was in pain. I'm not saying she made up for my delightful stay there, but she certainly made it a little less terrible. little more humane " I start talking. "I could just tell from her that she didn't want to be there, but every time I asked if they had something on her. She ignored my question."

"She seems like a good doctor" Nat responded simply.

"Yeah, she was... WAIT WE ARE SO STUPID!" Realization kicked in and I took my phone out of my pocket to go to google. "She's a doctor! Doctors' addresses can be found online, what street is this?" I looked at Nat for an answer but she just shrugged her shoulders. "Can you like, look it up?"

She frowned and looked at the laptop. "Truman Street"

"Alright: Truman Street. Doctor. New York." I talked while typing it into the search bar. "AHA, I FOUND HER!" I showed Nat my phone with a picture of her. "Dr. Lois Finley, Truman Street 45" I spoke as I got out of the car. I tried to walk as fast as I could to her house but my legs were sore from sitting for a long time, making it a little difficult. "Nat C'mon!" I shouted at her when I saw she was still way behind. But she just waved me away and continued her slow walk. When she was finally at the house I looked annoyed at her.

"What? I'm tired" She said with a yawn. "Let's just get this over with." She walked up the stairs to the house and rang the bell.

"That's your plan? Just ring the bell?" I said while walking up the stairs and waiting at the door next to her.

"What else?" She turned her head confused.

"I don't know, This looks lame" I murmured. "Ring it again" I spoke after a minute.

She was about to ring the bell again before withdrawing her hand. "No, something is wrong."

"What do you mean?" I look at her a little worried when I see her scanning the door with her eyes.

"Just a feeling" She replied, her ear now carefully placed against the door.

My worried look dropped. "A feeling? That's not-" I started talking before Nat pulled me quickly to the ground, milliseconds before a shotgun blasted a hole through the door.

"You were saying?"

"This is really not the time to get me to say 'you were right'!" I whisper yelled at her. I lifted my head to the hole and saw the barrel of the gun pointed towards me. "Shit" was all I could say before I heard the shot.

Oh yeah right. Powers, I forgot.

A blue glow surrounded my body, making the bullets fall to the ground in front of me. I looked at the woman who was holding the gun and gave her a small wave. Her mouth falling open in realization.

"Hi Doc"