PART 8 Ghostly White

The party was actually not that bad. Wanda, Peter, and I stayed together almost the whole evening. But uh, Peter might have been drinking a little too much at this point.

"I don't feel so good .." Peter spoke as he instantly stopped dancing.

"oh no," Wanda and I responded simultaneously.

"try to hold it back!" I ordered him before I took him to the nearest bathroom with Wanda.

This kid may not look that heavy, but holy shit what are his bones made of? Vibranium? 

I knew we weren't going to make it to the bathroom, so I looked around as Peter leaned on my and Wanda's shoulders.

"Over there!" I said in a hurry, facing the window.

"Yn ... I think I'm going to be sick," Peter said in a slurred voice.

"Just a second P" I begged him while opening the window. "Okay, let it out ..." I spoke after putting his head through the window.

Almost immediately after, Peter began to vomit. I looked at Wanda who had made a face of disgust, which made me snicker.

He just kept on vomiting so I patted him on the back while he was doing so."Just let it out," I tell him while leaning against the wall.

Moments later Peter was finally done. His face was ghostly white as he pulled back from the window.

"I think it's time to get you into bed Parker," I speak to him as I put his arm over my shoulder.

"Yeah... I think so too ..." he replied softly.

"I'll help," Wanda announced before putting Peter's free arm over her shoulder.

When we got to Peter's bedroom, we put him in his bed, and almost immediately he fell asleep. I was exhausted due to dragging him here so I sat down on his couch in an attempt to catch my breath.

"You have telepathic strength, don't you? couldn't you use it to move Parker," I breathe out to Wanda in exhaustion?

"Well, I could, but I thought it was nice to see you working for something" she chuckled before sitting down next to me.

"Funny Maximoff, very funny" I respond sarcastically with a smile.

"Are you going back to the party?" she asked, as we both looked at Peter who was totally knocked out.

"I think I'm going to get some fresh air first" I reply.

"Want some company? I don't really feel like going to the party without my dance partner" she asked as she gave me a light push with her arm.

"Yeah, Sure" I answered with a smile before I got up from the couch. "Let's goooo Maximoff," I tell her as I step to the door.

Wanda got up and followed me to the tower elevator.

"I thought we were going to get some fresh air. Why didn't you push to go downstairs?" She asked confused as to why I pressed the highest button.

"Peter had shown me this spot today, which is a bit cooler than just standing outside" I answer her with a smirk on my face.

We were both waiting in the elevator until we got to the top. When the doors opened, I had to take it in the view myself.It was already beautiful by day, but now that it was night, you could see all the lights of the 'city that never sleeps' illuminate everything.

"Okay ... this is better than just standing downstairs," Wanda said in a surprised voice. "I don't understand that I've never been up here before?"

"Wanda Maximoff who doesn't know something yet, that's new" I laughed as I stepped to the edge to have a better view.

"don't be so dramatic" she laughed before coming up to me and taking in the view herself.

We stayed on the roof for a while, talking about all kinds of random things. Wanda was a fun person to talk to, she listened attentively and never let the conversation drop, and not in an annoying way that felt like it was forced.

"wait, does Peter really feel intimidated by me...?" Wanda asked in shock with a pout.

"yeah," I replied laughing. "but apparently not so much when he has had a drink" I proceeded with a laugh.

"Hey, it's not funny. Am I really that intimidating ??" she asked curiously.

"I don't think so, you were the first person I saw who didn't attack me in a long time. You helped me when I lost control. From the things I've seen, I can safely say that you're a good person, and if that's intimidating, then some things very wrong with the world. " I answered sincerely while looking straight ahead at the city.

There was a moment of silence and I started to wonder if maybe I gave a wrong answer, should I've said she was intimidating?

I turned my head to look at her so I could read her face to see if she was hurt or something. But when I turned, I just saw her looking at me. I wanted to focus on her heartbeat to know what she felt, but all I could hear was mine. Um, why did it go so fast? am I going to get a heart attack?

"thank you that just uh- reminded me of my brother, he would have answered something just like that" she softly said.

"oh? you have a brother?" I asked curiously.

"yeah, I had one... his name was Pietro," Wanda said with the sound of grief in her voice.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry I didn't want to" I replied quickly before she interrupted me.

"It's okay, it happened a while ago," she said with a weak smile. "I think you two would've liked each other"

....

"Uhm, I'm going to do something that's not my habit, so sorry if it's uncomfortable but this feels like a moment where I'm supposed to do it so...," I tell Wanda before I carefully pull her in a hug.It felt so unnatural to give someone a hug, I've never even hugged Nat. But I felt like she needed it, and all in all, it's not that bad. I even enjoyed it a bit myself.but uhm exactly how long does a hug last?

"Is this uh okay?" I asked Wanda doubtful, still holding her in a hug.

"yes" she quietly replied while resting her head on my shoulder.Moments later, Wanda lifted her head, and this gave me an idea that it had been long enough now, so I let go of my arms around her."Thank you, I didn't even know how badly I needed that," she said with a chuckle, wiping her now-wet eyes.

"yes, me too," I said quietly under my breath, I don't think she even heard it. "Maybe it's time we go back to the party," I replied as I walked over to the elevator button.

"yeah" she replied while standing next to me waiting for the elevator. "what time is it?"

"Uhm hold on," I responded while looking for my phone in my purse. "Oh crap, it's already 1AM?? We've been here longer than I thought"